Does Tortola have a town you can walk around?

jimc_usa

You would have to give some more specific information for someone to tell you if your ships docks. I was on the NCL Pearl and we did dock, but it would depend on how many ships are in port that day.

To answer your other question, there is a giant straw market and also another large craft market within walking distance of the port. We didn't even walk all the way into town, but I assume there are more shops there.

You would have to give some more specific information for someone to tell you if your ships docks. I was on the NCL Pearl and we did dock, but it would depend on how many ships are in port that day.

To answer your other question, there is a giant straw market and also another large craft market within walking distance of the port. We didn't even walk all the way into town, but I assume there are more shops there.

We will be on the Pearl week of Nov 2nd. Why does it make a difference if the ship docks? (I think we are the only ahip in port that day)

It doesn't make a difference that I know of - you just asked in your first post if the ship docked, and I was trying to explain why someone might not be able to answer that without more info. If you are the only ship in port, though, you should dock, and it's right in Roadtown. At the end of the pier there is a little tent where excursions meet and a lot where you can get a taxi.

It doesn't make a difference that I know of - you just asked in your first post if the ship docked, and I was trying to explain why someone might not be able to answer that without more info. If you are the only ship in port, though, you should dock, and it's right in Roadtown. At the end of the pier there is a little tent where excursions meet and a lot where you can get a taxi.

Sorry I cannot imagine why I asked if the ship docked, I just wanted to know about local shopping. My brain is becoming dead.

There are more shops on Main St. which runs behind the Pusser's on Waterfront Drive. One of the best is the Sunny Caribbee which has island spices, sauces, Chutney's and a variety of other products as well as island art work. There are shops in a few other areas as well. Walk around and explore, it's fun.

Sorry I cannot imagine why I asked if the ship docked, I just wanted to know about local shopping. My brain is becoming dead.

Some ports in Alaska have "tenders" because the ships can not dock there. So you get shuttled on a small tender boat from the cruise ship to the pier. I think that is what cinnam0n was referring to. Not sure how common that is in the Caribbean.

It is very common in the Caribbean, and many ships do anchor offshore and tender in Tortola. NCL usually says "dock" or "anchor" on their itinerary, though, so the poster could check there if it truly is important to him.

Does anyone know the name of the beach in Tortola that has a small bar & grill called Stanleys. We went to Tortola in 2006 and I don't know the name of the beach we went to. I do have a picture in front of a sign that says Stanleys. It was a very nice beach. We would like to go back on our upcoming cruise. Thanks for any help. :)

We plan on doing a 3 hour beach escape excursion - but what do we do with the rest of the day? We have from 10:00 am until 6:30 pm. Does the ship dock and is there a town to walk through to buy soveniers etc?

Have you considered striking out on your own to Brewer's Beach or Cane Garden Bay? The taxi drivers in Road Town have a regular route there, and it is a very nice way to spend the day. I am not sure where your beach escape is taking you, but a taxi is probably a more cost effective alternative, plus you don't have to come back after 3 hours ;)

Archived