Noordam balcony sizes ?

LadyBerard

As I look at the brochure, it seems that the balconies appear larger on the Upper Promenade deck than the others for the Verandah staterooms.

Does anyone know the square footages for these and for the other Verandah staterooms (not including aft or forward ones). Thanks.

Sue

Here's a helpful link:

http://www.choosingcruising.co.uk/cruiseweb/cabins.asp?client=choosing&nShip=147

You can figure the verandah size by deducting the room sq. footage from the size shown for your cabin on the HAL deck plan. Someitmes, though, this site only publishes the combined cabin/verandah size. Try it. Is is a worthwhile site.

As I look at the brochure, it seems that the balconies appear larger on the Upper Promenade deck than the others for the Verandah staterooms.

Does anyone know the square footages for these and for the other Verandah staterooms (not including aft or forward ones). Thanks.

Sue

They are bigger. All of the deck 4 VF and VD have a verandah about 7.5 ft by 10 ft. All side VA/VB/VC are about 6' x 10', and the deck 5 VE and VF are 4.5' x 10'. Inside, all (except at "the bends") are about 190 sq ft.

That link advocado just gave you above must be for the old Noordam III, because the Noordam IV Vista does not have cabin categories of S, A, AA, B, or BB as shown. Also the decks are wrong for SS.

They are bigger. All of the deck 4 VF and VD have a verandah about 7.5 ft by 10 ft. All side VA/VB/VC are about 6' x 10', and the deck 5 VE and VF are 4.5' x 10'. Inside, all (except at "the bends") are about 190 sq ft.

That link advocado just gave you above must be for the old Noordam III, because the Noordam IV Vista does not have cabin categories of S, A, AA, B, or BB as shown. Also the decks are wrong for SS.

Oops! I think you're correct. It works fine for the Maasdam which I recently tried, but...of course, it's a lot older. Thanks for clarifying. The devil's in the details.

Archived