M-Class, Alaska, and Topless area

6502programmer

Is the topless area utilized for its intended purpose on Alaskan itineraries? If not, is it as crowded as all the other public decks, or does its obscurity lead to less utilization? I'd like to have the ability to go up top and view Hubbard Glacier on our upcoming cruise, but I don't want to fight crowds or camp out for hours to stake out a spot to do it.

Are there any other less-traveled areas of the M-Class in general, and Infinity in particular, that lend themselves to viewing Alaskan scenery?

We were there last summer. I can assure you that it is too cold for sunbathing, so yes, you could go up there to view the glaciers. But....

the captain turns the ship around twice, I think, and people will run from one side to the other as the ship turns. Alot of people only come out for a short time then go back inside. The only time that I thought the crowds were bad was when the ship first got to the glacier and each time the ship turned so only the front or back of the ship was facing the glacier.

Hope that helps.

Debbie

Frankly we have always viewed the glacier and inside passage from our balcony. At the glacier the ship does a 360 so the whole ship can see the glacier. People are usually lined up ot on the open decks but frankly it was wonderful just sitting on our balcony enjoying the views.

Marilyn

Unless they have changed their policy, the topless deck is only used on European itineraries, not Alaska. I think this would be a good spot to get a full view of the glaciers but as others mention, the ship usually does a 360 degree turn so no matter where you are, you'll get a decent view.

For the record, the Topless Deck usually is full of people who shouldn't go topless.. :eek:

I'm a firm believer in the philosophy that if we had been meant to go naked, we would have been born that way. :)

I couldn't agree more! I have better things to do with my money than support the garment industry, such as GO CRUISING!

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Just off the Constellation - temperatures in the 80s and strong sun most days. We saw no evidence of any topless sunbathing in the topless area at anytime, except for the men who would have been better not going topless:D .

There was some backless sunbathing in the pool area.

There was also one tasteless exhibition on the promenade deck. Really I would prefer men who don't want to wear Tuxedos to wear a simple jacket than a woman who does not want to wear a bikini sunbathing in a white bra.

As my daughter would have said, an over the shoulder boulder holder.

Archived