Have you ever requested a table for two

mhugcat

What would our chances be if we were to phone princess and request a table for two before our cruise. We sail in November on the Emerald.

At the moment we have guaranteed table for 4 on first sitting.

What would our chances be if we were to phone princess and request a table for two before our cruise. We sail in November on the Emerald.

At the moment we have guaranteed table for 4 on first sitting.

There is probably a good chance you may not have anyone at your table anyway.

However once onboard contact the Maitre'D when he sets up a table in the afternoon on Embarkation day and ask him if you are alone or request the table for 2. :)

Don't think it would do much good now to contact Princess now as these type of request tend to fall on deaf ears.

We've had good luck requesting a table for two on our last several cruises. The problem is that there are a limited number of them. The earlier your request is made, the better. They do assign them by the date of the request. If the cruise isn't full then they can use tables for four and only seat two. By all means, check with the Maitre d' after embarking - if nothing else to verify what was assigned.

We've had good luck requesting a table for two on our last several cruises. The problem is that there are a limited number of them. The earlier your request is made, the better. They do assign them by the date of the request. If the cruise isn't full then they can use tables for four and only seat two. By all means, check with the Maitre d' after embarking - if nothing else to verify what was assigned.

I should have been clearer in my response - I'm only referring to traditional dining.

Jim

My husband and I requested a table for two on our last cruise, Diamond Princess to Alaska. My request was granted. We had traditional dining 8 o'clock. We enjoyed this time because it gave us the time to go to the Princess theater for the evening's entertainment.:)

We have never had a problem getting a table for two. We always check with the Maitre 'd after boarding and get our assignment. We have now switched to Anytime Dining and love it. On the last two cruises we never went to the regular dining rooms at any time. It was always light outside during our last couple of cruises (Hawaii & Alaska) and we thoroughly enjoyed our peaceful early dinners in the buffet with its beautiful views.

Where can you usually find the Maitre D' upon embarkation? Is he outside one of the dining rooms? We have second seating and requested a table for two upon booking 8 months prior to our cruise on CB.

Joan

We had booked anytime dinning through our TA. We decided to change to traditional dinning, table for two. I phoned princess and they put us on a waiting list. I checked our personal info and have been now put on a table for two. My question is can we also dine at anytime dinning if we are late one night. Or are you only able to have traditional dinning if you have booked with traditional dinning??

i have never had any trouble getting a table for two, however i sail the grand in 3 weeks time and noticed on the cruise personalizer that we had a table of 8 comfirmed. i got in touch with my ta as we requested a table for two when we booked very early i might add. i now notice we are down to a table for 4 comfirmed, we will go to the dining room and speak to someone as soon as we board, other than that we will switch to anytime it sounds like a very good time to try anytime dining as there is a lot of positive posts regarding anytime.

Not sure what to do now - Anytime or traditional.

Perhaps we should try traditional and then if we don't like it tel the Maitre d' that we would like to switch to anytime.

I also want to try the crown grill, UBD and sabatinis so our traditional dining would not be needed those nights.

My husband and I were on the Star Princess in January. We were confirmed for traditional, early seating. I had called Princess to request a table for two, and called back several times to confirm that request. Because this was so important to us, we checked once we were on the ship and learned that there were no tables for two available in traditional dining on the Star Princess. The Maitre'D was very helpful, though, and assigned us to a table in the Anytime Dining Room for the same time every night.

Oh so is there other places to eat if you do not make your dinner reservations with traditional?

You can eat in the buffet or the specialty restaurants or order room service, but if everyone in traditional decided to go to anytime dining when they were late for their assigned dining the passengers with anytime would not be getting tables and the DR would be half empty every night. Decide which suits you better and go with that or use the alternates.

Archived