Have you ever requested a table for two

mhugcat

Not sure what to do now - Anytime or traditional.

Perhaps we should try traditional and then if we don't like it tel the Maitre d' that we would like to switch to anytime.

I also want to try the crown grill, UBD and sabatinis so our traditional dining would not be needed those nights.

We love anytime dining as we hate being rushed to get there when we can relax go when it suits us to eat.

If you have traditional and are going to a specialty rest I would let the wait staff know the night before especially if you are seated with others so they don't get held up waiting for you.

My suggestion would be if you are planning on trying all the specialty places to book anytime which is the same menu and you will have more flexibility - JMO

We did the UBD last year as a group and it was amazing.:)

Where can you usually find the Maitre D' upon embarkation? Is he outside one of the dining rooms? We have second seating and requested a table for two upon booking 8 months prior to our cruise on CB.

Joan

Joan you will find him set up in one of the dining rooms, it will be listed in the Patter upon boarding, usually around 1-3 PM. The lines can get really long so get there early. :)

Our experience with the arrangement of tables for two in the anytime dining restaurants on Sapphire Princess was less satisfactory than what I have seen reported on this thread. There were four tables for two in a line with about enough space between them for a person to pass between them. On one side of the tables was a long bench where one of each party of two sat opposite his or her companion across the tables. We were all served by the same wait staff, who pretty much dealt with all of us, since we all arrived and were seated at pretty much the same time, as though we were seated at a table for eight. We carried on conversations with the three other parties of two during our meal and it was hardly a private or romantic dining experience.:rolleyes: Had we wanted an intimate dinner for two we would have been sorely disappointed.

Our experience with the arrangement of tables for two in the anytime dining restaurants on Sapphire Princess was less satisfactory than what I have seen reported on this thread. There were four tables for two in a line with about enough space between them for a person to pass between them. On one side of the tables was a long bench where one of each party of two sat opposite his or her companion across the tables. We were all served by the same wait staff, who pretty much dealt with all of us, since we all arrived and were seated at pretty much the same time, as though we were seated at a table for eight. We carried on conversations with the three other parties of two during our meal and it was hardly a private or romantic dining experience.:rolleyes: Had we wanted an intimate dinner for two we would have been sorely disappointed.

I would have hated that too but when we did tables for 2 it was on the grand and they were not set up like that, of course that could have changed by now.

I would have hated that too but when we did tables for 2 it was on the grand and they were not set up like that, of course that could have changed by now.

I'd rather think that our experience on the Sapphire was limited to that class of ship. It really reminded me of the table arrangements in some fast food establishments.

We had anytime on the Star last December. NEVER an issue, I think we asked for a table for two on four or so evenings. We had to wait for 15 minutes once but they gave us the buzzers. Usually we went to the dining room at 7/7:30 ish.

Anytime dining, of course. Traditional, not always so.

Do you want to always be alone? Is this a honeymoon? Or, a hermit crab reunion?

Cruising is an adventure. Adventure to meet other folks at the dinner table.

I think a table for two maybe nice sometimes otherwise quite right don't want to be hermits:D

I found on the princess.co.uk web site it said how many were confirmed on our table but on princess.com just confirmed.

Archived