HAL - 2008 - Icy Straight Point?

Krazy Kruizers

While trying to find some cruises for next year, I discovered that Icy Straight Point has been removed. I have a 2008 planner and Icy Straight Point was listed as a stop for several cruises. But upon going to HAL's website, Icy Straight is no longer listed anywhere. We loved that port.

Anyone know why HAL won't be stopping there in 2008?

Could it be that HAL only signed a 2 year contract to stop there?

KK

Can't be of any help as to why, but I am surprised this port won't be a port of call next year. This port is really in the developing stages as far as excursions, etc. Perhaps another line outbid HAL or passsengers didn't get favorable comments.

I'm very disappointed that Icy Straight Point (Hoonah) is not on any 2008 HAL itinerary. I cruised the Statendam this summer to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Seward, Glacier Bay and College Fjord. I loved all of that, but had no desire to return to Skagway. Plus I want to see Sitka, Haines, Icy Straight Point, and Hubbard. This year the Volendam had exactly what I would want. Unfortunately, that itinerary is no longer available. :(

I checked Princess and they don't list it either. Haven't looked further than that. I would love to hear what happened to ISP on the HAL itinerary if anyone ever finds out.

Wow...my DH loved Icy Strait more than anything else on our wonderful Volendam cruise this past June. He fell in love with the Zip Rider (I hated it but he had a blast) and we both loved the whale watching our of there. Others we knew had a good time traveling to Hoonah independently and exploring. I, too, wonder what the deal is.

We missed out on Haines/Skagway as we were northbound, but feel better after hearing your comments.

While trying to find some cruises for next year, I discovered that Icy Straight Point has been removed. I have a 2008 planner and Icy Straight Point was listed as a stop for several cruises. But upon going to HAL's website, Icy Straight is no longer listed anywhere. We loved that port.

Anyone know why HAL won't be stopping there in 2008?

Could it be that HAL only signed a 2 year contract to stop there?

I am also very sorry to hear this news. The Icy Point Straight stop was quite nice with the chance to interact with the locals and natives. I hope Holland America will reconsider this move

I'm very disappointed that Icy Straight Point (Hoonah) is not on any 2008 HAL itinerary. I cruised the Statendam this summer to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Seward, Glacier Bay and College Fjord. I loved all of that, but had no desire to return to Skagway. Plus I want to see Sitka, Haines, Icy Straight Point, and Hubbard. This year the Volendam had exactly what I would want. Unfortunately, that itinerary is no longer available. :(

The northbound Veendam will do that itinerary in 2008, substituting Haines for ISP: Vancouver, Ketchikan, Haines, Juneau, Sitka, Hubbard Glacier, Seward. I would've preferred the itinerary as it is this season, with ISP, but then I haven't been to Haines.

By the way, in 2006 - the NB Radiance of the Seas also did the itinerary you like, with Sitka and ISP. I would've booked that cruise for 2007, but RCI dropped Sitka. At the time I was picking our 2007 cruise, I wasn't too keen on going on a HAL cruise again.

Archived