Legend Extended cabins

tomboyy

When my wife booked our next cruise we got a 8a cabin .. upgraded to a extended 8i for free. When I got to looking at the cabin.. it was on a indented part of the ship and had life boats below it. I always liked being able to have an unobstructed view straight down.... Sooo I changed the room to one that was to the rear but was not obstructed when looking down. My question is .. has any one stayed in the indented part and been unhappy with their view? or did I change cabins for nothing?

We have had balcony rooms all over the ships and have never been disappointed. We were in an indented one on the Pride in June, the balconies that are out further do block you sight a little. Our favorite are the aft balconies only because when you pull out of port it is wonderful to see all the lights and depending when you leave port you have all the other ships behind you to watch as they pull away. We will be in a 9A on the Legend in November.

Had the extened balcony in the indented area this year on the Spirit and Legend. The view is not obstructed when you are sitting down. When standing at the rail the life boats block the view looking down and the balconys on the non indented part block the view forward and aft. The extra space on the extended balcony is great, you can sit without your feet touching the glass. Have a great cruise.

Most people will spend the time looking out to the seas with very little time looking down.

Depending on what deck you were on-- looking down would not have been a problem. you could still see the waters.

do you have a regular balcony now? you gave up more space for a better view by looking down?

When my wife booked our next cruise we got a 8a cabin .. upgraded to a extended 8i for free. When I got to looking at the cabin.. it was on a indented part of the ship and had life boats below it. I always liked being able to have an unobstructed view straight down.... Sooo I changed the room to one that was to the rear but was not obstructed when looking down. My question is .. has any one stayed in the indented part and been unhappy with their view? or did I change cabins for nothing?

We were on the Legend in may in an aft cabin. Feel free to look at photos of the cruise. We have many of the aft cabin as well as alot of views from the aft balcony. We loved our aft balcony and we probably will never go back to a side balcony.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/559881543yDlQzc?vhost=travel

Most people will spend the time looking out to the seas with very little time looking down.

Depending on what deck you were on-- looking down would not have been a problem. you could still see the waters.

do you have a regular balcony now? you gave up more space for a better view by looking down?

For my past Miracle cruise I downgraded myself to not be in the area over the lifeboats.....some people actually prefer it this way.

We were on the Legend in may in an aft cabin. Feel free to look at photos of the cruise. We have many of the aft cabin as well as alot of views from the aft balcony. We loved our aft balcony and we probably will never go back to a side balcony.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/559881543yDlQzc?vhost=travel

hey, that's my cabin;)

fantastic pics, thanks so much for sharing!

For my past Miracle cruise I downgraded myself to not be in the area over the lifeboats.....some people actually prefer it this way.

i guess it depends on what deck. The higer you are the less of the lifeboats will be seen

We had friends in 6232 and looking down was not the issue. the balcony was amazing.

I was told a reg. baLcony was 9x4 and a extended was 6x9 that sounds about right seeing as the rep told us the balconys were 40sq ft and 60 sq ft respectivly.

On the Sensation the balcony was steel so we actually did spend alot of time looking down.

I "downgraded" to get a regular balcony but you actually get that room back on the inside.

Gonna take a look at those pics.. thanks

i guess it depends on what deck. The higer you are the less of the lifeboats will be seen

We had friends in 6232 and looking down was not the issue. the balcony was amazing.

Going back to the Miracle in 2 months..........have the 1st 3 upper deck balconies along with the adjoining interior cabin.

The Balconies are extended, glass is at the sloped angle, and is located in the non-recessed area(no lifeboats). I've had these booked for almost a year and constantly flip/flopped about switching to something midship between cabin decks. My family and I all realize that this is near the front of the ship and over part of the showroom, but we all agreed to give it a shot.

I'm taking a chance to have more balcony, more cabin space, a lower $$(the boys adjoining interior) and we love the waves along the hull. I booked my parents to go with us....so they can't complain too much (I even covered their gratuity charge). I think we'll have a GREAT family vacation.

I was told a reg. baLcony was 9x4 and a extended was 6x9 that sounds about right seeing as the rep told us the balconys were 40sq ft and 60 sq ft respectivly.

the balcony will depend on location to how big it is.

Some extended balconies are bigger then others in the same cat.

Archived