Did you pack wine in your checked luggage?

Happyladi

:) Same thing here I'm always afraid of it breaking. What I do now is buy it near the port then pack it in luggage - not carry on and we buy a bottle per bag we bring---2 wine, baileys. But going home (if I've bought any) I wrap in my clothes and make sure I place it in the middle of the suitcase- 3 cruises later and not one broken bottle! Hope this helps Karon

There are some who wrap it very good and then pack it in their checked luggage.

For us, we would not take the risk but many people do and do not have a problem. I would just buy in at the port of embarkation to be on the safe side.

Keith

We always openly carry on one BIG wine bottle per person, which Carnival allows. You can carry it in your hand, a wine bag, carry on bag, etc. Anything extra we pack inside the checked luggage using a big ziploc storage bag and then wrap in bubble wrap.

Last week DH got pulled aside because he had put the wine inside of his carry on and when it went through the x-ray machine, for some reason they couldn't see the cork so he had to pull it out and show them that it was, indeed, wine. He also had a couple of small mini bottles in his carry on that he thought would be confiscated but they let him keep them.

Another thought is, if you have access to a hard sided suite case to pack your wine in there. My wife and I did this in June. We flew from the east coast to Vancouver and did not have a problem. Just make sure you pack it so it does as little moving around as possible.

Archived