How Much Time Harwich to Heathrow

J&G

Have been looking at flights from Heathrow on disembarkatin day and were wondering how much time we need to allow to get from Harwich to Heathrow. If we book a flight after 3PM would that be good enough?

What time is your ship scheduled to arrive at Harwich? And what time does the cruise line recommend? What day of the week are we talking about?

Sorry about that - it's scheduled to arrive at 4 AM on a Thursday. I don't see anything yet about what the cruise line recommends (it's next year and we're trying to book business using airmiles - that's why so far ahead).

Sorry about that - it's scheduled to arrive at 4 AM on a Thursday.
I would have thought that 3 pm would be fine, then. But do check with the cruise line.
After 3.00pm would be OK - but are there any flights to the US after 3.00pm?
I imagine that the OP would want to fly to Toronto, as it's only 20 miles from Oakville. The current timetable has the following flights after 3 pm:-

1515 AC849

1515 BA99

1730 BA97 (three days a week)

1935 AC859

There are actually plenty of flights from Heathrow to the US after 3 pm. Currently the last New York flights, for example, go after 8 pm, and the last Washington flight goes at 1940.

I would have thought that 3 pm would be fine, then. But do check with the cruise line.I imagine that the OP would want to fly to Toronto, as it's only 20 miles from Oakville. The current timetable has the following flights after 3 pm:-

1515 AC849

1515 BA99

1730 BA97 (three days a week)

1935 AC859

Yep you're right Toronto is definitely where we want to go (a quick 20 minute ride home to our ow beds from there, lol). Still haven't got an answer from RCCL for next year's cruises but judging by this year's we're thinking we'll be ok for the 3:15 flight - if we wait till the next one it will have been a VERY long day by the time we clear customs/immigration & get home.

Thanks so much for the info Globaliser.

Thanks 2ladies - don't know about US flights but there's 2 to Toronto (just a very short ride from home) after 3 and after being away for close to 3 weeks I think we'll try & book one of them instead of staying over any more days.

Yep you're right Toronto is definitely where we want to go (a quick 20 minute ride home to our ow beds from there, lol). Still haven't got an answer from RCCL for next year's cruises but judging by this year's we're thinking we'll be ok for the 3:15 flight - if we wait till the next one it will have been a VERY long day by the time we clear customs/immigration & get home.

Thanks so much for the info Globaliser.

You may not get an accurate answer from RC, I asked the same question of them and got different answers. We are booked on the Jewel 9-10-07. The ship gets into port at 4:30am so I called to ask what would be the earliest time we could disembark. I was told a few times the earliest time would be 1pm. The only time we could get a non stop to Chicago was a departure at 11:15 am so we opted to stay another day in London. If you are taking the "Cruise Train" they have non stops running between Harwich & London departing at 9:20am, so I think disembarkation will be earlier than the 1pm I was told by RC. :confused: Good luck.

Drove by car from Harwich yesterday after our Jewel sailing. We left an hour after the coaches left and we were passing Heathrow by 10.30. Did not pass any coaches on the way so they must have arrived before 10.30. The first were off at 6.55am to Gatwick.

And there are flights to the US as well as Canada after 3 my niece flew at 8 tonight with Virgin to Newark

• 3 weeks later...
Drove by car from Harwich yesterday after our Jewel sailing. We left an hour after the coaches left and we were passing Heathrow by 10.30. Did not pass any coaches on the way so they must have arrived before 10.30.

Thanks so much for that info lauraam. Definitely makes me comfortable with booking a 15:15 flight. Hate how early you have to book when using miles. :)

A couple of weeks ago our (new) friends got off of the Jewel of the Seas nice and early - 6.45am, they were then on the first RC bus. They made Heathrow in such good time that American Airlines managed to get them on an earlier flight to New York - 11.30am!!!

Archived