Carnival Legend cabin assignment

Meredith22

Our TA apparently lied to us or "misinformed" us at the very least. I'm a first time cruiser and wheelchair user and when our TA told me that HC cabins were the same as other cabins except for the width of the doors, I believed her. So my DH & I booked a regular inside cabin on Carnival Legend instead of asking for an HC cabin. Not only that, but the TA enthusiastically recommended that we go with an inside guarantee instead of choosing our cabin. There was no price difference for doing this.

Today we learned that our cabin assignment for next month's cruise on the Legend is at the bow of the ship. It appears to be smaller than other regular cabins in our inside category, besides.

Does anyone know if there is a chance of changing to an HC cabin or at least choosing a regular size cabin in a better location at this point? Or are we simply stuck with this miserable assignment?

Appreciate the help!

First Time Cruiser Meredith

sad that your agent told you that-

I guess it depends on how much a wheel chair is needed.

Bathrooms have a ledge /step to get in and out. the doors are not wide enough to accomandate a wheelchair unless its folded up--

I would call Carnival Special care department and discuss those issues with a person there in the know.

If you can show cause for your wheelchair --if an abled bodied person is booked into a HC then they will be moved. We had that issue last year on the Liberty

serene56, thank you for your response. After reading what you said I phoned Carnival but was told there were no HC cabins available for my cruise. The Carnival rep also said there was no difference between HC cabins and regular cabins except for the entry door width. (on Carnival Legend) Because the Carnival rep and my TA both said the same thing I really have no way of insisting upon getting an HC cabin even though on the deck plan they appear to be much larger and Carnival propaganda states they have a 36" wide pathway throughout to accommodate wheelchairs. My wheelchair is standard width, nowhere near this size, so I'm hoping the regular cabin we've been assigned will be able to accommodate it. Given the fact this is my first (and possibly last) cruise, I'm more than a little nervous about how all this is going to work out.

Meredith

my mom cruises in a wheel chair and had both a HC cabin and a reg cabin.

the difference for a reg cabin is she had to get ot of the chair and walkinto the room. Not a problem for her as she can walk for little distances.

if you get a chance-- visit the Disabled board as it can give you a few pointers.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

But the Legend IS in a class thats different from other ships on the Carnival fleet. It is very easy to get around. (Unlike the other ships that have dead ends.

On the Legend a lot of stuff is condensed on the promanade deck.

Archived