Silver Wind-North Cape Cruise

newlondon

I have been reading the Siversea Board since January and my expectations for our two week North Cape Cruise were deflated. How wrong I was. I previously had cruised on the Paul Gaugin, I now call it a tramp steamer, and other smaller boats.

Our experience was fabulous. Both my wife and I could not understand the negativity of posters on these boards

From the embarkation in Copenhagen which took less than five minutes to debarkation also in Copenhagen every thing ran smoothly. We never had any problems with service, our suite, shore excursions or food.

All the staff were friendly, but I must single out Colin, the Cruise Director, as truly exceptional. We dined with him the final night, and listening to his stories was so interesting.

Just to put our reaction in perspective-I am an Ivy League grad and my wife has a similar education. We have traveled extensively, all over the world. We have been disappointed by some luxury(so called) hotels and been delighted by less pretentious B&Bs.

To the complainers out there GET A LIFE.

Colin is a fantastic CD and always makes for a wonderful voyage, I've loved my sailings on the Wind and Cloud with him as CD. I am happy you enjoyed your first SS cruise, there are some consistency issues across their ships and thats a problem. Do you honestly think "get a life" is appropriate, harldy makes you seem "Ivy League"

Sorry Avalon 1025, I'm just so frustrated by the negativity of SS posters. I admit that nothing is perfect, but compared to our other 5 star experiences this one was right up there. We are considering several more SS cruises including the Chilean fjords for comparisons sake.

New London- My partner and I were on the same trip with you and I couldn't agree more! The ship sparkled as did the staff and crew. The new gym equipment is fantastic(although us tall oners had a bit of a headroom problem on the treadmills). We were also on the leg prior(Lisbon to Copenhagen) and again everything was just as it should be. I believe that the complainers out there have such high expectations that unless they had their own private yacht nothing would please them. We have also done the Chilean Fijords and the North Cape was definitely MORE spectacular, but the towns and villages in Chile offered a bit more than trolls, trolls, trolls.

Good afternoon New London-:rolleyes:

I have been holding onto my opinions these past few weeks and like yourself I have been somewhat discouraged by the negativity here on this board regarding the SS operation, staff, service and amenities.

My husband and I are looking forward to our cruise on the Cloud and I feel everytime I log on it's another boo hoo.

Thank you for reaffirming that what I expect to be our first cruise w/SS will be a wonderful experience, as that is what we will choose to make it.

Happy sailing!

• 2 weeks later...
New London- My partner and I were on the same trip with you and I couldn't agree more! The ship sparkled as did the staff and crew. The new gym equipment is fantastic(although us tall oners had a bit of a headroom problem on the treadmills). We were also on the leg prior(Lisbon to Copenhagen) and again everything was just as it should be. I believe that the complainers out there have such high expectations that unless they had their own private yacht nothing would please them. We have also done the Chilean Fijords and the North Cape was definitely MORE spectacular, but the towns and villages in Chile offered a bit more than trolls, trolls, trolls.

I wish I had been on this trip, as the cruise I just finished with Hurtigruten cannot compare to SS in terms of food/cabin/service. And fjords and trolls everyday turn out to be a bit boring.

Archived