$$$ for entertainment

ringmaster

Reading through the boards I have seen two people mention that on the PoAm you had to PAY for certain entertainment.

Please someone explain, I've been on several cruises and never have seen this offered. Pay for rest., now entertainment, what's next towels, sheets, mileage charge....?

All the entertainment is free, except the one dinner-theatre show on Hawaiian ships. Here's the NCL web page about Tony's n' Tina's Wedding:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_062507

The 25-member cast of Tony n' Tina's Wedding satirizes a traditional Italian wedding with passengers as "invited guests" to the nuptials of the Vitale and Nunzio families. The wedding and reception is held in an on-board lounge, which is transformed into Vinnie's Coliseum restaurant, a classic Italian wedding hall.

Tickets for the show are $24.95 per person and can be purchased at the shore excursion desk on board each ship. Tony n' Tina's Wedding, which is sold as a ship excursion, is held on the evenings when the ships are docked in Maui and is in addition to the shows currently on board the vessels.

"Tony n' Tina's Wedding is the ultimate experience combining fantastic food and drinks with a fun and unique theatrical show, stated Colin Veitch, president and CEO for NCL Corporation."

It's a dinner show, in addition to the regular shows you will experience aboard most cruise ships around the world. Paying for dinner and a show is not the same as attending a free show in the main show theatre, and having a free dinner in the main restaurants. It's both, and not a bad deal at $25 per person.

Besides, many passengers on that night have already paid to attend a Luai on Maui with a third party vendor. NCL's Laui occurs on the overnight stay on Kaui. Both Laui's, no matter how you look at them, are shore excursions. All NCL has done is give you the option to attend another shore excursion aboard their ships. You save money by not having to take a bus or taxi to the opposite shore on Maui. It's competition, good old capitalism at work.

I do think there is a trend in cruising toward giving the bare essentials for free (not free, you paid for your ticket) and charging for "extras" like high-end dining.

I don't see anythng wrong with this... fares are very cheap so people can spend as much or as little as they want, and get service accordingly.

I don't think too many people expect to pay $100 a person per day and get treated like royalty and fed the very best fare. But maybe for $200 or $300 a day, they would.

if people think they are being nickle and dimed for tony and tina's wedding. have them fly to NYC and buy the full price ticket for this play.

the price NCLA has is a steal!

No kidding!

Isn't this playing in enough Cities already? Heck, it's been playing in Vancouver for a few years now (and less than NYC)!

We also have the Tony and Tina's wedding here in Vancouver, B.C., Canada and it has been running for over 15 years. I have never been to it, but my sister has and they were placed with the grooms side of the family. They are a wacky bunch of characters and they had a blast. I wish now I was going on this cruise, just to see it.

No kidding!

Isn't this playing in enough Cities already? Heck, it's been playing in Vancouver for a few years now (and less than NYC)!

Not everybody who goes on a cruise lives in a big city. Some of us live in small cities, large towns, small towns and in the country on ranches and farms. Any form of live entertainment is great for some of us.

is the food in the dinner up to par with their specialty restaurants, or is it on the same level as the main dining room?

I just don't seem to understand the logic

show on the ship [$0] + dinner on the ship [$0 not at specialty] = $25??

Royal, It is like an excursion at a very affordable price. In different cities the tickets cost much more for the same show. I wish they offered it on more cruises as I would totally do it. Super fun show and you get to be involved as much as you like!!!!

I am guessing there is a show in the port city, and they jsut move the show form the theater/restraunt to the ship. It is a traditional Italian Wedding menu. Pasta, Soup, Salad, protine, desert. You ahve an actor at every (or most) tables. They pull people up to dance, they tell jokes, you hear the speaches. You see the crazy Italian Mother in Law's!!!! It is a great time!!!

is the food in the dinner up to par with their specialty restaurants, or is it on the same level as the main dining room?

I just don't seem to understand the logic

show on the ship [$0] + dinner on the ship [$0 not at specialty] = $25??

You haven't priced the tickets for the Broadway show.

http://www.tonylovestina.com/

New York City $87

Atlantic City $59.99

Chicago $60

Dallas $65-$85

Denver $65-$75

Everett $66-$71

Ft. Lauderdale $59.50

Lakeland $45-$60

Las Vegas $89.99

Meridian $65

Orlando $63-$90