locks on balcony door

monkll

Oh yeah we had a whole argument, um I mean a discussion ;) about the safety of those doors. The doors DO lock. The handle is located high on the door. You have to turn the handle downward (or upward, I can't remember now) to unlock. Then pull with all of your weight to break the pressure seal and open it. I could barely do it. My 7 and 3 year old didn't have a chance in heck to open it. :p

But use caution, obviously. Never leave the 2 year old alone in the cabin (even if you are in the bathroom) and give him a chance to prove us wrong. :)

I stepped out onto the balcony and my DS (7 at the time) climbed up and locked the door. Only problem-He couldn't unlock it!!! thankfully my neighbor in the next cabin was outside smoking and came around to unlock me. He had to convince my son to let him in.:o :o :o

I stepped out onto the balcony and my DS (7 at the time) climbed up and locked the door. Only problem-He couldn't unlock it!!! thankfully my neighbor in the next cabin was outside smoking and came around to unlock me. He had to convince my son to let him in.:o :o

HAHAHAHAHAH now THAT's FUNNY! :D

(You know I think it's funny cause it didn't happen to ME ;) . Now if it happened to ME...it wouldn't be so funny.)

A little off topic but my wife and I were walking on the promenade deck on a cruise earlier this year where I thought I heard someone calling out my name. Eventually I looked up and sure enough it was one of our passengers. She said she was locked out. Evidently, her husband was getting ready to run to another activity and out of habit he locked the verandah door but didn't look out to see that his wife was sitting out there. She asked us to tell someone on the staff. Since we had an idea where the husband was I went over there and found him and suggested that he go to the room right away and unlock the door. So everytime we spotted them for the ramainder of the cruise this was a talked about topic.

Keith

A little off topic but my wife and I were walking on the promenade deck on a cruise earlier this year where I thought I heard someone calling out my name. Eventually I looked up and sure enough it was one of our passengers. She said she was locked out. Evidently, her husband was getting ready to run to another activity and out of habit he locked the verandah door but didn't look out to see that his wife was sitting out there. She asked us to tell someone on the staff. Since we had an idea where the husband was I went over there and found him and suggested that he go to the room right away and unlock the door. So everytime we spotted them for the ramainder of the cruise this was a talked about topic.

Keith

Hmmm, so if I locked my hubby on the balcony...I would have approximatly how long before someone would notice? ;)

Archived