Summitt CC Cabin

jaybird from SC

We will have a CC on the Summit next month but have had a CC on the Millie on deck 6 and a CC on the Connie deck 10. How can we help?

Good Morning from hot and dry South Carolina.

We have apparently been upgraded to CC guarantee on Penthouse Deck/Summit. We see there are only (4) cc cabins on that deck so we're wondering if that is a good move.

Have you been assigned a cabin #? The CC cabins on the Penthouse deck are among the first to go due to their wonderful balconies. I doubt if you would snag one of these through a guaranteed cabin. Last minute cancellation would be the only way. I bet you have a guarantee for CC but not just Penthouse deck. This would make more sense.

Have you been assigned a cabin #? The CC cabins on the Penthouse deck are among the first to go due to their wonderful balconies. I doubt if you would snag one of these through a guaranteed cabin. Last minute cancellation would be the only way. I bet you have a guarantee for CC but not just Penthouse deck. This would make more sense.

Says upgraded to CC Class guarantee penthouse deck. No cabin # as of yet.

Jaybird,

Greetings from hot and dry Alabama!

If you did indeed get one of the CC's on 6 then you hit the jackpot. The only better CC cabins are the CC afts.

6143 and 6144 are the primo cabins. There is a passageway/storage area on one side and a Sky Suite on the other. These two cabins are a foot wider than any other CC on the ship. The crew uses the passageway to store the concierge carts and a few other item. From time to time the butlers and stewards took a break on the balcony, but it did not bother us. The only caveat is if you do get one of these cabins please make sure your balcony door is locked when you are out of the cabin. The passageway is never locked as it also serves as a security point and the gate to your balcony is also not locked.

6135 and 6136 are between two suites and have the same enchanced interior and teak deck as the suites since they are connecting cabins.

We were in 6144 on the Millie and friends were in 6136 so I have been in both cabins.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!

Jaybird,

Greetings from hot and dry Alabama!

If you did indeed get one of the CC's on 6 then you hit the jackpot. The only better CC cabins are the CC afts.

6143 and 6144 are the primo cabins. There is a passageway/storage area on one side and a Sky Suite on the other. These two cabins are a foot wider than any other CC on the ship. The crew uses the passageway to store the concierge carts and a few other item. From time to time the butlers and stewards took a break on the balcony, but it did not bother us. The only caveat is if you do get one of these cabins please make sure your balcony door is locked when you are out of the cabin. The passageway is never locked as it also serves as a security point and the gate to your balcony is also not locked.

6135 and 6136 are between two suites and have the same enchanced interior and teak deck as the suites since they are connecting cabins.

We were in 6144 on the Millie and friends were in 6136 so I have been in both cabins.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!

We're excited for sure-never been upgraded before and our traveling buddies were also upgraded. We're a little anxious until we actually see those cabin numbers posted by our name. Our daughter and her family live out in Cullman Alabama. Where are you located? Thanks for the info....Ruth

The only caveat is if you do get one of these cabins please make sure your balcony door is locked when you are out of the cabin. The passageway is never locked as it also serves as a security point and the gate to your balcony is also not locked.

I am curious to know why it is necessary to lock the balcony door when not in the cabin. The same people who have access from the passageway next door also have keycards that can unlock the door to your stateroom. So what's the point?

Sailing in 6143 in February

Happy cruiser, anyone can enter the passageway. Unless things have changed since we were on the Millie last year it was never locked. During the day the stewards often placed the dirty linens there to get them out of the hall and the door to the passageway was often open. The same would hold true for the Royal Suites 6141 and 6142. Both have latched gates as opposed to fixed gates for the majority of the cabins. I honestly cannot remember if the gate was latched or fixed to the SS [6146] next door.

It did come in handy when I forgot my room key. I knew I had left the balcony door unlocked, which is what I am suggesting you NOT do, so I just used the entry through the passageway to access my cabin.

I wish everyone was as honest and forthright as the crews we have met during our 30 years of cruising. Anyone with a little knowledge of ships layouts can wreck havoc.

Jaybird, we live south and east of Cullman and have been throught there many times.

I know you will all enjoy your cabin and your cruise. I wish you fair seas.

Happy cruiser, anyone can enter the passageway. Unless things have changed since we were on the Millie last year it was never locked. During the day the stewards often placed the dirty linens there to get them out of the hall and the door to the passageway was often open. The same would hold true for the Royal Suites 6141 and 6142. Both have latched gates as opposed to fixed gates for the majority of the cabins. I honestly cannot remember if the gate was latched or fixed to the SS [6146] next door.

It did come in handy when I forgot my room key. I knew I had left the balcony door unlocked, which is what I am suggesting you NOT do, so I just used the entry through the passageway to access my cabin.

I wish everyone was as honest and forthright as the crews we have met during our 30 years of cruising. Anyone with a little knowledge of ships layouts can wreck havoc.

Jaybird, we live south and east of Cullman and have been throught there many times.

I know you will all enjoy your cabin and your cruise. I wish you fair seas.

We have been assigned cabin 9189 on Sky Deck which is a great upgrade from what we booked originally. Don't know how we'll like aft but we're giving it a try. Happy sailing....Ruth

Archived