tropical depression is anyone sailing?

Well just my luck to have this new depression on the radar. We are sailing Monday on the Sovereign over to the Bahamas. Is anyone else in my BOAT, LOL, so to speak? I live in Florida but have my cousin flying all the way here from Nebraska for her first cruise. This would really suck if the storm heads towards the Bahamas. I have been rerouted before because of storms. Going from the Eastern to the Western, but this is a short cruise. Four nights. Oh well. Is anyone else on this ship?:eek:

This will be my (and my family's) first cruise. We are sailing eastern caribbean on the Mariner leaving Sunday. I wouldnt mind changing routes if it means calmer seas. Right now I have fingers crossed that it changes course in the next day or so and heads away from San Juan....

I'm kind of hoping that there is an itinerary change for the Liberty of the Seas' sailing on Saturday. In my mind, it'd add a bit of mystery and excitement to the cruise. I'm not tied to any of the current ports of call, so if they were to change, I'd be just fine with that.

If "Liberty of the Dean" were to go for a Western itinerary next week, it'd be nice to show the kids Stingray City and Chankanaab. I'm sure my older son would love to climb up Dunn's River Falls, too, although I don't know if I'm in good enough shape to do that again myself. :)

I guess I just like the idea of a little bit of an unknown to the cruise, instead of having most of the details all sorted out well in advance.

Well we will all be in the same port. Janet you leave on Sunday though right? You might get out ahead of it. You will absolutley love the Mariner. You picked a beauty of a ship for your first cruise. I have sailed on her last year and our whole family is going on her in Dec. Last time I was going to sail and there was a storm, when we got to the port they had ladies outside handing us news letters telling us of the change in ports. Some people were really upset. Go figure. I had no problem whatsoever, there is no way in hell I am going to want to sail into a storm. When they changed our direction it was hard to believe that there was a big storm in the Western, since our seas were like glass.

Michelle have you sailed on the Sensation before? I always was curious about that ship. I've heard both good and not so good. Same way with the Sovereign. We have sailed on her a lot, the only thing I don't like are the cabins are SO SMALL. And I mean itty bitty, but the food is the best I've had on any ship and the shows are great and the lounges so we slide by each other in the room and enjoy our time out of it. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

Michelle have you sailed on the Sensation before? I always was curious about that ship. I've heard both good and not so good. Same way with the Sovereign. We have sailed on her a lot, the only thing I don't like are the cabins are SO SMALL. And I mean itty bitty, but the food is the best I've had on any ship and the shows are great and the lounges so we slide by each other in the room and enjoy our time out of it. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

We've sailed Elation....same thing ;) I've been on Sovereign twice too. So I know what you mean about the small cabins. I chose penthouse on Sensation so at least I could hang out and watch the ocean on the balcony....nothing tops that. :D

I just checked the forecast, 90 and scattered thunderstorms all week long in the Bahamas. We are in Nassau on Tuesday and the chance of rain is 60%. Well there goes our beautiful day at Atlantis. :eek:

Well we will all be in the same port. Janet you leave on Sunday though right? You might get out ahead of it. You will absolutley love the Mariner. You picked a beauty of a ship for your first cruise. I have sailed on her last year and our whole family is going on her in Dec. Last time I was going to sail and there was a storm, when we got to the port they had ladies outside handing us news letters telling us of the change in ports. Some people were really upset. Go figure. I had no problem whatsoever, there is no way in hell I am going to want to sail into a storm. When they changed our direction it was hard to believe that there was a big storm in the Western, since our seas were like glass.

Thanks Mamanance...we are leaving Sunday out of Port Canaveral and we are so excited! And since it is our first time we dont really care if we go eastern or western, just hoping for some calm SUNNY seadays so we can "play" on the ship!

Archived