Carnival Fascination to Jacksonville!

dgsiii

Thanks for the news. Im going on the Celebration Aug.25 I guess for the last time. The Celebration was my Honeymoon ship 15 tears ago. My wife and I saild last Jan. Time fly's. I feel kind of sad to see the Celebration go. I like Jax port for a quick cruise, its a better drive for me than Miami. I hope to cruise on the Fascination next August

This is so exciting!! I'm so glad there is finally some OFFICIAL news! My fiance' & I were planning a wedding next October aboard the Carnival Glory, but since we are getting a bigger ship here in Jax. we may just rebook the Fascination! :D

I am like you guys, the Celebration is a little ship with a big heart, but I also love the Facination! I am sure you will too!

I will also try to get on the Celebration one more time before it is gone!

So Jax wont have a ship from Mid April 08 to Mid Sept 08. Wonder what is going to happen to those that were booked on Celebration during those dates.???

Carnival Fascination currently operates three- and four-day cruises from Miami and will continue that program through Sept. 15, 2008. The Celebration will remain in Jacksonville through its departure date of April 14, 2008. Future deployment plans for that vessel will be announced at a later date.

A portion of the announcement from Carnival News website:

spacer.gifCarnival, Jaxport Announce Significant Expansion of Jacksonville Cruise Operationsspacer.gif08/14/2007 spacer.gifMIAMI (August 14, 2007) – Carnival Cruise Lines and the Jacksonville Port Authority (JAXPORT) today announced a significant increase in capacity for Jacksonville’s cruise operations when the 2,052-passenger Carnival Fascination replaces the 1,486-passenger Celebration on four- and five-day cruises year-round from Jacksonville beginning Sept. 20, 2008.

Carnival is the only cruise operator to sail year-round from Jacksonville and the Carnival Fascination represents a 38 percent increase in capacity over the Celebration. With the deployment of the Carnival Fascination – the newest and largest ship ever homeported in Jacksonville on a year-round basis – Carnival is expected to carry 170,000 guests annually from JAXPORT.

“Jacksonville has proven to be a very successful homeport based on the convenient and affordable cruise options that it offers to consumers from across the Southeastern U.S.,” said Vicki Freed, Carnival’s senior vice president of sales and marketing. “These voyages are especially attractive to first-time cruisers, providing them with an opportunity to experience Carnival’s unique vacation environment and wide-ranging product upgrades – all at an outstanding value,” she added.

“We at JAXPORT are thrilled to be able to serve an even greater number of guests and allow them to enjoy the kind of quality customer care we have always offered,” said Tony Orsini, JAXPORT’s senior director of cruise operations. “We also thank Carnival for this clear sign of its commitment to the future of Jacksonville as a cruise homeport.”

In conjunction with the redeployment of the Carnival Fascination to Jacksonville, the ship will offer a new five-day itinerary departing Saturdays and featuring daylong calls to award-winning Half Moon Cay, a private Bahamian island, and Nassau, The Bahamas. The five-day cruises departing Mondays will visit Key West and Nassau and the four-day weekend voyages departing Thursdays will call at Freeport and Nassau.

Carnival Fascination currently operates three- and four-day cruises from Miami and will continue that program through Sept. 15, 2008. The Celebration will remain in Jacksonville through its departure date of April 14, 2008. Future deployment plans for that vessel will be announced at a later date.

“Our Jacksonville-based cruises generate some of the highest guest satisfaction ratings in our fleet and we believe that this will only be enhanced when the Carnival Fascination starts service next fall,” Freed said.

Jacksonville is my nearest cruise port and I love the Fantasy class ships, so this is great news. Does this mean that Jaxport has found a new location for their cruise terminal? I didn't think that the Fantasy class ships could make it under the Dames Point Bridge.

Does this mean that Jaxport has found a new location for their cruise terminal? I didn't think that the Fantasy class ships could make it under the Dames Point Bridge.

That would explain the Celebration leaving in April and the Fascination starting in September. Construction to take place between then??:confused:

Carnival has announced that the Carnival Fascination will be moving to Jacksonville, FL to replace the Celebration on September 20, 2008. Click here for more details, including information on a new itinerary.

Hopefully this is a sign of an impending announcement with regard to Holiday in Mobile. Many people have been wiating for an annoucment for a very long time.......and we still wait. :(

Jacksonville is my nearest cruise port and I love the Fantasy class ships, so this is great news. Does this mean that Jaxport has found a new location for their cruise terminal? I didn't think that the Fantasy class ships could make it under the Dames Point Bridge.

The Carnival Miracle made it under that bridge. Im sure the Facination will

This is great news for me. I live only about 15 miles from the port in Jacksonville, and I am driving down to Miami in 5 weeks to go on Fascination. I felt the Celebration was a little too small for my tastes so I decided on the 5 hour drive to Miami over the Celebration. Now if I really like Fascination, I can take her more often and can almost walk to the port. :D

I'm glad they finally announced this. The rumors have been flying around! If they are going to upgrade the port area they should make room for two, I hate to see the Celebration go. We've sailed on her twice and I don't think we'll be able to get on her again before she goes. I see her at least once a week since we live in Jax. Boohoo....

Yeeeeehawwww!!!

Glad I'm getting to go on the Celebration next month and I'm thinking I'll book the Fasination next fall.

Looking forward to an announcment about the Holiday. I love the older ships but I do miss the atriums.

So Jax wont have a ship from Mid April 08 to Mid Sept 08. Wonder what is going to happen to those that were booked on Celebration during those dates.???

Yeah, that doesn't sound promising! DH and I booked a cruise for next July, a combination visit to family in Atlanta, drive to Jax and cruise on Celebration. Guess I have to get on the phone to find out what's up with that :(

• Administrators

Oh whee! This might totally change my calculations for our Christmas, '08 cruise! Love having a port I can drive to! I do wonder about summer '08 as well, though -- we were looking at the Celebration for a big ol' family get together (10 cabins). Guess we'll see how it all washes out!

Yeah, that doesn't sound promising! DH and I booked a cruise for next July, a combination visit to family in Atlanta, drive to Jax and cruise on Celebration. Guess I have to get on the phone to find out what's up with that :(
. We're in kind of the same boat (pun intended). We have reservations on the Celebration for April 19, 2008. That is the first cruise that won't be happening. We have a group of about 20 signed up for it. Oh well the TA will have to get busy and find us another one. It's too bad, though. We jsut moved to Jacksonville and it would have been so convenient. :confused:

Anybody got any idea what Carnival will offer us as a substitute?

Archived