Aft cabins?

polodad

We usually book a midship balcony because fiancee is subject to motion sickness. Our next cruise is a midship hump. I've seen lots of posts about the virtues of aft cabins. Is there much noise, excessive vibration or any other negative qualities to them? Location for getting around the ship an issue? It seems like the size of the balconies would be a definite plus.

We had an aft on the Brilliance and it was amazing. No noise or vibrations at all the the balcony was huge. The drawback was the long walk everywhere, especially if you forgot something in the cabin and had to run back. But ours was for the Panama cruise and I wanted to watch the lock doors close behind us. That alone was worth any of the negatives.

Last week on the Serenade we had the beginning hump cabin and the convenience was amazing. A short walk and you were practically anywhere on the ship. The only disadvantage was the short walk to help walk off the calories.:p

We had a midship D1 cabin booked on the Radiance in December and saw JS 1100 become available on the same sailing, so after hearing all the positive comments about it we jumped on it. Now I'm really hoping that it's as good as everyone says. I'm really looking forward to it.

We love the aft! HOWEVER, we did say to each other our first time in one that we would not recommend it for someone who was sensitive to movement. We did notice quite a bit of vibration and movement on the aft, much more than midship on the sides. We even had the opportunity to compare closely last time, because we had an aft, and family had one deck down, just before the hump. My sister was really bothered by the movement when visiting us, my mom wasn’t, so I guess it’s kind of a crapshoot. I’m not sure I’d risk it if I knew someone in my party was sensitive to motion, personally.

Again, it doesn’t bother us, but it is a factor! We’re trying to talk my inlaws into coming with us sometime, and MIL is (irrationally) afraid of the ship sinking. We will suggest that they syat away from the aft, if they ever do join us, because the movement could put her right over the edge.

We've been aft two times on the Mariner. Will never go back to anything else!

quiet

good exercise

right under the Windjammer (one flight of stairs up)

2 floors under the kid's club and Johnny Rockets

private

no excessive noise or movement

Our room, 1388, was a D1 balcony cabin, but same size as a Junior Suite.

We've had a grand suite and greatly preferred the aft balcony cabin.

We had our first corner AFT on the Mariner and loved loved loved it! No vibrations, soot and didn't mind the walk at all! Loved the view too! (and huge balcony)

We are on the Mariner in March on the 9th deck. Where were you located?

We had hump cabin 7312 and aft 9696 came open so I jumped on it. I hope it is worth it cause when I looked at pictures...it looks as if 8696 from below can look right up onto our balcony. Now I don't know if I should switch back.

We had a midship D1 cabin booked on the Radiance in December and saw JS 1100 become available on the same sailing, so after hearing all the positive comments about it we jumped on it. Now I'm really hoping that it's as good as everyone says. I'm really looking forward to it.

JS 1100 on Radiance is FANTASTIC! It is by and far, the BEST cabin I have ever had. The size of the JS is perfect, and the balcony was outstanding! If you do a search on webshots under my name ckrobyn101 you will find my album which has lots of pics of the cabin and the awesome balcony!

I also had JS 1694 on the AOS and did not like it at all. Maybe if I didn't have the Radiance aft to compare it to - I may have felt differently. In any case, there is too much metal superstructure to look through on Voyager class ships and I just couldn't get past it.

Hope it isn't on the 16th as we are in it:D :) :eek:

JS 1100 on Radiance is FANTASTIC! It is by and far, the BEST cabin I have ever had. The size of the JS is perfect, and the balcony was outstanding! If you do a search on webshots under my name ckrobyn101 you will find my album which has lots of pics of the cabin and the awesome balcony!

I also had JS 1694 on the AOS and did not like it at all. Maybe if I didn't have the Radiance aft to compare it to - I may have felt differently. In any case, there is too much metal superstructure to look through on Voyager class ships and I just couldn't get past it.

Excellent shots!!! Is it time to go yet?!?!?!?!?!

Excellent shots!!! Is it time to go yet?!?!?!?!?!

Glad you liked the pics! :) I know you will love 1100 - how can you not? The balcony is to die for - I spent many hours back there enjoying the view!

You were lucky to score that cabin - I almost fainted when I found out it was available for our sailing last November! We were actually on a suite guarantee, and our JS had already been assigned. A quick call to the TA who spoke with a really nice RCI rep and voila! JS 1100 was ours!

We had over 30 people in our corner aft on Freedom. it was truly incredible for an E1. There are pictures in my signature and I would really recommend it. I think the 7th is best because on deck 6, the balcony does not extend all the way to the side of the ship.

By the way does anyone have pictures of Explorers aft cabins on deck 6? I would like to know what to expect and make a change if necessary to another cabin if our cabin is not good. Thanks

Brandy

We just got off the Liberty aft cabin. Loved it as well. But did notice a lot more movement and there was some vibration at times but it was short lived, One time it even woke us up in the night. If there is motion problems with either of you, I wouldn't recommend it. It is probably best to stay mid ship.

We just got off the Liberty aft cabin. Loved it as well. But did notice a lot more movement and there was some vibration at times but it was short lived, One time it even woke us up in the night. If there is motion problems with either of you, I wouldn't recommend it. It is probably best to stay mid ship.

Our last cruise on NCL's Dawn we hit 27ft waves. If we didnt get sick than I don't h=think wqe ever will LOL. We even had to open our balc door just to sleep as the cabin was so loud. Thanks for the info.

Yikes, I have an aft on AOS, I thought the metal superstructure is less visible the higher deck you are on??

We were on Deck 7 on Freedom (which has the same aft as the V-vlass) and I have to say the obstruction is not much remembered by us. It was there but it seems to "lift out" in your memories.

In our pictures of Freedom (in my sig) you can look at the balcony. These are identical on Voyager class (incl. Adventure))

We were on Deck 7 on Freedom (which has the same aft as the V-vlass) and I have to say the obstruction is not much remembered by us. It was there but it seems to "lift out" in your memories.

In our pictures of Freedom (in my sig) you can look at the balcony. These are identical on Voyager class (incl. Adventure))

Thank you. The Pictures were helpful. What deck were you on on Freedom?

Archived