Comparable cabins Regent vs. Seabourn

Jimpeyton

While trying to compare prices on Seabourn vs Regent. Can someone tell me what the equal cabin on seabourn is (what is it called) versus the lowest penthouse cabin (Penthouse B/C)? Furthermore, what would be a comparable cabin on seabourn, versus Regents suites just below a Penthouse? It seems the cabins right below a Penthouse suite are just a fraction smaller, minus the Butler, which seems like a good value.

Trying to compare prices/ itineraries on Seabourn, but finding it hard to see which suite is analogous to Regents.

Thanks

All suites on Seabourn (other than the Double, Classic and Owners) are 277 square feet and are virtually identical (some only have a shower, some have a French balcony, etc.)

On Seabourn there is no need for a butler because the staff is so responsive and the ratio so high that anything a butler might do the Seabourn staff does seamlessly. It is as if you have a butler secretly waiting for you wherever you are on the ship.

I also think you will find that most people who have had a butler on Regent have found him to be relatively unused or unnecessary as others on staff can and will do the same things for you.

The suites on the Seabourn triplets are comparable to the standard Seven Seas Mariner suites, but without the balcony (or with only a tiny French balcony in some suites). The 6 larger suites on the Seabourn triplets are, perhaps, the equivelent of a penthouse on the Mariner. The closet and storage space is also rather tight on Seabourn -- especially for longer cruises. Even the largest suites are not much larger than the standard suites on the Voyager and the Navigator.

The new Seabourn ships will have larger suites in a variety of configurations and sizes. These should be somewhat comparable to the various types of suites on Regent but there will be nothing like the aft suites with huge balconies that we love on the Mariner and the Voyager.

A French Balcony is basically a 12 inch platform, so you have a sliding door which opens to this small platform. It really can't be used to for anything other than standing on and letting fresh air into your suite.

I pull a chair up to it and enjoy the breeze and sounds. It is not, however, a true balcony with furniture or livable space.

Just got phone call from neighbors.... their first SeaB cruise - they hated the FB - said get a real one!!!!! Also found the trip very stuffy and cliquish - I convinced them to try Regent next time - they are soooo easy but were soooo disappointed -

I've never found Seabourn stuffy or cliquish but it IS very different from other cruise lines. You have to have the right "mind set"--as if you are on someone's private yacht for a weekend house party (not everyone's "cup of tea"). Most Seabourn regulars, as I and others have noted on various boards, are quite happy with the window suites (on Seabourn) but may choose balconies on other lines.

"Different strokes"---yes. There is no "right answer" in choosing between these lines. They are both great at what they do. As with Regent the average age varies with the cruise--longer and more "exotic"=older pax. Shorter Caribbean cruises will have younger pax--some even in their 30s!!! (really).

Archived