Recommendations for guide in Florence?

After disembarking our cruise in Venice next May, we plan to take a train to Florence and stay there for five days. For at least one of the days, our group of five wants to hire a guide to take us through the countryside and seaside areas of Tuscany. Any recommendations from your own exprience? Thanks.

Ellie

We had a wonderful tour of Florence/Pisa with Guido Sarzani who runs http://www.tuscanyinmypocket.com. Our trip took place in June. We hired him because he consistently got great reviews. You can now add our name to his list of growing fans.

Guido was born and raised in Florence. His English is very good as is his knowledge of the area. He is very personable and I would highly recommend him.

If you're at all interested in wine and the vineyards, let me suggest Carla Giomi at http://www.abcwine.it. Carla is a sommelier and a guide. She did a combined tour of Florence and the Chianti classico region during our day when we docked at Livorno. It was one of the highlights of our cruise, and a memorable day.

• 4 weeks later...
If you're at all interested in wine and the vineyards, let me suggest Carla Giomi at www.abcwine.it. Carla is a sommelier and a guide. She did a combined tour of Florence and the Chianti classico region during our day when we docked at Livorno. It was one of the highlights of our cruise, and a memorable day.

Hi,

What did the tour cost you? Have found prices for private tours 430 euros- 600 euros( my head is spinning) we are a family of four and have never been to Europe before-

thanks,

Donna dev

Archived