Are there any storage lockers on HMC???

jodipayne

We will be taking a snorkel tour in the AM at HMC and we have our own snorkel gear. Are there lockers or some other type of storage space we can use to hold our equipment after the tour? Will we need to lug/carry our snorkel equipment around with us for the rest of the day? We really don't want to have to tender back to the ship to drop it off and then tender back again to the island for the afternoon. Thanks ...

We will be taking a snorkel tour in the AM at HMC and we have our own snorkel gear. Are there lockers or some other type of storage space we can use to hold our equipment after the tour? Will we need to lug/carry our snorkel equipment around with us for the rest of the day? We really don't want to have to tender back to the ship to drop it off and then tender back again to the island for the afternoon. Thanks ...

I can't say I have ever seen lockers at HMC. I just checked the info guide at www.hollandamerica.com/dest/halfMoonCay.do and no mention of lockers. You can rent gear there but you probably want to use your own.

I am wondering about this as well. I have read that the equestrian center has lockers, but I am am unclear about whether I may or may not use them since I am not doing any horseback riding.

Lockers? Storage and protection solutions? Anyone?

Didn't see any lockers except at the horse riding area. They were actually cubbies to place your things while you were on the ride, not lockers. We just carried camera bag with us. WE actually just carried the remainder of our things in our snorkle backpacks since we only took our mask and snorkle and used their fins. When we were swimming, it was under our chair out of sight and we just kept on eye on it. You don't need to take a lot ashore, no local shopping you just use your ship card for drinks, the few souvineers there are there to buy. On the snorkle excursion, we just left our bags on the boat. We had no problems and did not hear of any problems. ENJOY, HMC is gorgeous!

Bummer - we will have to take turns lugging our snorkel bag around with us after the excursion. We are not big on laying on the beach, so we will do some shopping and find the bar to relax at afterwards. Thanks so much guys ...

Shopping is very limited at HMC, really just a couple of shops (similar items to what's on board with a few HMC t-shirts, etc.) and a very few (4-5) small stands. The beach and the water is the reason to go to HMC and it is fantastic. Just slid your bags under your chairs and enjoy, travel light. The sand is like powdered sugar, the water gorgeous. I would go back tomorrow!

guess we will all just have to make friends with somone who is renting a cabana, and ask them if they dont mind if we set down our equipment, somewere out of there way, while we go for a walk. Its an idea you know? Its that or just leave it on ship and plan to snorkel at other ports, where the snorkeling should be better anyway.

I'm sure if you asked someone on the beach to watch your stuff for a while they wouldn't mind? Everyone will have chairs w/beach towels and 'stuff' around so they are all in the same 'boat' (pun intended). You may already have made 'friends' anyways and that might solve the probleml!

Have fun!

Froufie

Oh no, equipment is too expensive to just "set it down somewhere":cool: (fins, vests, Rx masks and Ocean Master dry snorkels). Hey, I'll see if my husband would mind being the keeper. He should be OK with it as long as we keep him hydrated with some shade ;) (What, another rum & coke honey? No problem, here you go). Seriously, we are snorkel fanatics. Leave gear on the ship?? No Way -- It's been over a year since we've been in that beautiful turquoise ocean. Can hardly wait for that Sunday morning HMC snorkel by boat excursion to get here. We plan to snorkel our a-- off every chance we get;) !!

Archived