renting a tux

zztop

Does anyone know if you can rent tuxes on the ship. We are cruising with carnival freedom to the mediterranean next july and my husband doesn't want to buy a suit or tux just for one or two nights. He nevers wears one here. :cool:

Have used this service twice (on Celebrity but the same company). There are detailed measuring instructions on the site. First time, all was well. Second time, pants were about 2 inches too short:eek: but our wonderful steward had them rehemmed in about 30 minutes (no charge). Advice would be to try everything on ASAP after boarding (tux, shirts, shoes, accessories will be in your cabin) so adjustments can be made if needed. Apparently they have a limited stock on board as well. Both times, shoes fit perfectly and appeared brand new (DH wears a size 9 1/2 and brought his own socks). Since his last tux wearing was 20 years prior at our wedding it made the formal nights special and looked great. Can't beat it for convenience. Good luck:D :D

To rent from Carnival one needs to use their website as they do the renting directly not through the cruiselineformal website. We went on our first Carnival cruise last week ... had a wonderful time, but found that many people are a little less formal than other lines. Jan

Most tuxedo rental places will measure you for an "out-of-town" tux rental as a courtesy. In addition, some men's clothiers (like Jos. A. Bank, where I work) will also provide courtesy measurements.

Make sure of shoe size - nothing worse than shoes that don't fit!

BTW, some of my customers have told me that after they have rented a tux on a cruise ship, they decide to buy their own, because their wives like the tux look so much, they find new reasons to wear the tux - plays, concerts, ballroom dancing...

If you can get a free measurement, go and get one.

As for adjustments, the ships tailor has all the equiptment he needs for making any small alterations.

They also usualyy have a stock of shoes. Last cruise Johns shoe ( his own, split ) broke and he had to get a rental pair ($12.00). the cabin attendant brought three pairs all different sizes just to make sure of the fit.

I have to say they run true to size, however most are medium widths.

Dave:eek:

Archived