Back-to-Back Cruise Question

Av8tor

There is so much to do in Alaska in the ports - I have done a B2B there 2x and hope to do it again.

Also, Alaska's weather can be unpredictable. I booked a B2B after having a very bad weather week in Alaska (no visibility, rain that felt like ice at times, very windy, etc..). I figured if I booked a B2B, hopefully one week would have good weather.

I hope you had 2 good weather weeks :D

Thanks for all the information... I think I'm all straightened out on the PSA now ;)

I called Princess and the agent did confirm that the b2b in question was illegal. Then I called the TA and had him check and, lo and behold, Princess admitted that their new rep messed up and shouldn't have booked us b2b...

Anyway, now we're doing SEA-YVR and YVR-SFO on the Golden & Coral with one nite in YVR. Lots of others are doing the same itinerary (even though one Princess rep I spoke with said that this itinerary was illegal also)...

You'd think the Princess people would be more knowledgable...

Paul

Anyway, now we're doing SEA-YVR and YVR-SFO on the Golden & Coral with one nite in YVR. Lots of others are doing the same itinerary (even though one Princess rep I spoke with said that this itinerary was illegal also)...

You are fine as long as you switch ships.

Glad it all worked out!

Thanks for all the information... I think I'm all straightened out on the PSA now ;)

I called Princess and the agent did confirm that the b2b in question was illegal. Then I called the TA and had him check and, lo and behold, Princess admitted that their new rep messed up and shouldn't have booked us b2b...

You'd think the Princess people would be more knowledgable... Paul

Glad you got it straighten out and did not find out when you tried to board the second leg. Also, the way you have it now (disembarking for another ship) is perfectly legal. For PSA you are doing two cruises.

Have a great trip.... and enjoy your extra time in YVR. ;)

Frofro

Check the itineraries of the b2b cruises. Some ships rotate itineraries every other week. Ex. The crown in Nov. rotates 2 different sets of islands with the exception of the home port, San Juan. Most people that do b2b probably do it on ships that rotate islands. That's the only thing that would really make sense to me.

Archived