comparing Freedom to Mariner

shiska

Just booked on the Mariner cabin near front JS deck 10. This is our

second cruise. First on the Freedom center deck 7 and we did not feel a thing (movement of the ship):D Dont know if we would get sea sick or not on this part of the Mariner. Would like some advice.

Thanks Much. Shiska:)

We just got off Mariner 8/12. We were in an OS on deck 10.

I can tell you that I felt the ship moving a lot across the entire ship, including deck 10. I asked one of our waiters about it, and he did say that the seas were quite choppy for the Caribbean.

I only felt seasick one day, and thank goodness it passed.

Happy Cruising!

Just booked on the Mariner cabin near front JS deck 10. This is our

second cruise. First on the Freedom center deck 7 and we did not feel a thing (movement of the ship):D Dont know if we would get sea sick or not on this part of the Mariner. Would like some advice.

Thanks Much. Shiska:)

Shiska - could you do me a HUGE favor (if you have the time)? We (party of 10) have reservations for the Mariner in Oct08 and are booking soon on the Freedom in Jun09. When you get back, would you please post your opinions on the differences between the two? I've never been on either and although I'm excited about both, I'd like to know any "glaring differences"; good, bad, or otherwise. Particularly if you see differences in the "kid-friendly" points of the ship. Children will range in the following ages (Oct08= 12/9/8) - (Jun09= 13/10/8).

I'd greatly appreciate it and hope you have a terrific time!

Sack:)

I think anytime you are in the front of the ship you can feel more movement. We have stayed on deck 10 on Mariner, but not in the front. On other ships where we were up close to the front, we could tell we were up front.

If you have a tendency to get sea sick, ask your doctor for a prescription for transderm scopes. They go behind your ear and prevent motion sickness. If you don't want to use a strong drug like that, start taking Bonine a day or two before your cruise and take one morning and night and you probably will be fine. Please check with your doctor first though.

Bonine works well for me and I have used the patches, but they distort my vision, so I don't like them. Enjoy your cruise on Mariner.

I can tell you that I felt the ship moving a lot across the entire ship, including deck 10. I asked one of our waiters about it, and he did say that the seas were quite choppy for the Caribbean.

Happy Cruising!

I was on the same cruise in a JS on deck 9 midship and never felt a thing. I guess it just goes to show show location and sensitivity influence your experience.

The size difference of the ships makes little or no difference, assuming that the sea conditions are the same. What really matters is your susceptibility to motion sickness, not the relative size of the ships, which when compared to the vastness of the ocean are both miniscule. We were on Brilliance of the Seas in 60 foot swells and had no problems, but were we prone to seasickness we might have been down for the count.:)

Shiska - could you do me a HUGE favor (if you have the time)? We (party of 10) have reservations for the Mariner in Oct08 and are booking soon on the Freedom in Jun09. When you get back, would you please post your opinions on the differences between the two? I've never been on either and although I'm excited about both, I'd like to know any "glaring differences"; good, bad, or otherwise. Particularly if you see differences in the "kid-friendly" points of the ship. Children will range in the following ages (Oct08= 12/9/8) - (Jun09= 13/10/8).

Sack

The design of the ships are similar. Of Course the Freedom is about 200 feet longer and it's wider. The layout is the same. The royal Prom area has a Pizza Shop and the Cafe and also a Ben & Jerry's. I don't recall seeing B & J on Mariner. The additional items on Freedom is there are Two spa's in the uncovered solarium which extend out over the side of the ship compared to one in the solarium on MOS. FOS has an area for kids and adults who feel like kids call the H20 Zone which is like a water park. There is the Flow Rider which is fun to do or fun to just sit and watch. The walking / Jogging track is longer. The Gym looks bigger expecially with teh Boxing Ring just as you enter. Although the ships has more passengers does not feel that way. More chairs and area to lounge. Otherwise the two are the same. Can not recall any downsides.

Oh Yes the kids are more durable so they can handle the wipe outs on the flow rider an dthe wall climb look higher and a little more difficult.

See link to Freeddom Pic in signature

>Just booked on the Mariner cabin near front JS deck 10.

Dont know if we would get sea sick or not on this part of the Mariner.

Last February, we were at the very front on deck 10 on the AOS which is a Voyager class ship like the Mariner. We didn't feel a thing and didn't hear any noise from the ship or the people. It was wonderful so we've booked the same location on the Mariner for next February. I get seasick anywhere but ginger pills from the health food store work wonderfully without any side affects.

Sack I would be glad to. I know that the Freedom(RCI) is one super

ship. I'll let you know:D Shiska

>Just booked on the Mariner cabin near front JS deck 10.

Dont know if we would get sea sick or not on this part of the Mariner.

Last February, we were at the very front on deck 10 on the AOS which is a Voyager class ship like the Mariner. We didn't feel a thing and didn't hear any noise from the ship or the people. It was wonderful so we've booked the same location on the Mariner for next February. I get seasick anywhere but ginger pills from the health food store work wonderfully without any side affects.

Thanks for the info, that is good to know:D Shiska

Happy Cruising!

Thanks much for the info.:D Shiska

Archived