Noordam Crusing with baby - need advice

lebogigi

Hello:

I am booked on the Noordam for the Eastern Caribbean cruise out of New York at the end of October. I am travelling with my mother-in-law, wife, and our 8-month old baby. We are staying in a Deluxe Veranda Suite (SB).

Does anyone have any general advice about cruising with a baby on the Noordam (tips or things they've learned from experience, would have done differently, etc.)?

Also, can anyone recommend shore excursions that would work with an 8-month old (Grand Turk, Tortola, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and San Juan)? Obviously, we can't go snorkeling and probably should not go boating...and I don't think I'd want to get in a cab or bus without a car seat. I guess what I am really asking are there enough fun, whole-family things to do within walking distance of the docked ship?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Hello:

I am booked on the Noordam for the Eastern Caribbean cruise out of New York at the end of October. I am travelling with my mother-in-law, wife, and our 8-month old baby. We are staying in a Deluxe Veranda Suite (SB).

Does anyone have any general advice about cruising with a baby on the Noordam (tips or things they've learned from experience, would have done differently, etc.)?

Also, can anyone recommend shore excursions that would work with an 8-month old (Grand Turk, Tortola, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and San Juan)? Obviously, we can't go snorkeling and probably should not go boating...and I don't think I'd want to get in a cab or bus without a car seat. I guess what I am really asking are there enough fun, whole-family things to do within walking distance of the docked ship?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Why not bring a car seat? At eight months your child may still be in a carrier....it works well without the base as a car seat. Can be used as a rear facing on the plane as well -(if you are flying)

Sit N stroll works well - as a stroller and car seat.

You may or may not dock in all of these ports. It depends on the priority of the cruise line (how much they pay the port authority:rolleyes: )

Shopping is within walking distance in St. Thomas. Shopping in Tortola also in SJ.

Most nice beaches are a cab ride away. People will tell you that they don't have seat belts. I used seat belts on all my Carribean visits. Once in a while, you may wait to find a second taxi - but there are tons on them. All you have to do is look down in or behind the seat and you will find seat belts.

Seat belts won't be found on buses......I don't travel with my child unrestrained in any type of vehicle.

I have not been to Grand Turk yet.

Other than shopping close to the dock.....anyone else??

Grand Turk has margaritaville, with large pool , restaurant , shops,and relaxation areas.. . right at the dock.. also some chaises on beach right at the dock. this is one of the esasiest to enjoy with a baby.no travel, cab required...

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Buy one of those floaty (sp) things that go in the pool that the baby sits in and floats (with a canopy). If you don't know what I mean, let me know and I'll try and find a link. This will help you in the pool on the ship and in Grand Turk. As for shore excursions, it's hard. Although most will probably accomodate the stroller, because they're used to accomodating wheel chairs, you may want to chose the ones with less physical activity.

The water diapers aren't even allowed? That's interesting. :o

The sign at the pool says "no diapers". I would expect that if "swim" diapers were allowed it would say "swim diapers only", or something like that.

I believe (but won't swear to it) that there's something in the big book in the cabin about it.

The sign at the pool says "no diapers". I would expect that if "swim" diapers were allowed it would say "swim diapers only", or something like that.

I believe (but won't swear to it) that there's something in the big book in the cabin about it.

Good to know! Thanks for the info!!

Are children usually potty trained by 2? lol

Archived