Caribbena Princess-The Thermal Sanctuary

sunneesmile

We purchased the couples pass on our last cruise. The Thermal Sanctuary was very nice and relaxing. I used the sauna everyday to keep from retaining too much water from all the sodium consumed on board. I would probably do it again. It is the only sauna and steamroom onboard that is unisex so you can use it with your partner/spouse.

We purchased the package that I think you're talking about; two weeklong passes to the thermal grotto and a one hour slot in the rasul mud room.

The thermal grotto:

By the end of the cruise we called it the thermal ghetto, half jokingly. :rolleyes: It was nice, but it was often crowded and difficult to find a spot. One of the misting showers or some such was out of order the entire time. The saunas sometimes just didn't heat up and steam rooms wouldn't steam. It was also not very clean- we found more suspicious hairs than I care to share! Regardless of these things it was actually OK but I certainly wouldn't do it again.

The mud room:

They take you in a bathroom that has a shower and a steam room and give you a few types of mud and tell you how you are supposed to use them (like pink one first, then green, or something.) This was actually a disaster. The shower was way too small for two normal size people (I mean, I love intimacy, but who wants to spend their whole shower up against a dirty looking tile wall?) and we were kind of grossed out by it. The door leaked and we could not fix it so by the time we got finished (quickly might I add!) the floor of the whole bathroom was flooded. We then went to the steam room which was nice enough. Overall we were kind of freaked out by this claustrophobic experience combined with the dirty shower and leaking door. We ended up using our two towels to try and soak up the water- we told the spa attendant about the problem when we left and she said it happens every time. Maybe they should fix it?

Archived