Summit for Honeymoon..Please Help Me!!

yusi1906

After long thought fiance and I have decided on the Celebrity Summit over the Princess Emerald for our honeymoon in Aug 2008. The itinerary starts in Barcelona and ends in Venice.

We are booking an inside room....is Deck 12 (the lowest I think) noisy at all?

Do you hear the mechanisms of the ship? Also our "tentative" room is 2139 right in the corner or hallway by the elevator...will it be too noisy?...

I asked my TA to move me to a higher deck (maybe 2 or 3 more up) which would be good? Sorry for all this questions but Im a newbie in Celebrity and have always traveled Carnival so I feel like this is my first cruise again lol

Thanks so much for ur help!:p;)

After long thought fiance and I have decided on the Celebrity Summit over the Princess Emerald for our honeymoon in Aug 2008. The itinerary starts in Barcelona and ends in Venice.

We are booking an inside room....is Deck 12 (the lowest I think) noisy at all?

Could be.

Do you hear the mechanisms of the ship?

You could hear engine and stabilizer noises and possibly plumbing noises.

Also our "tentative" room is 2139 right in the corner or hallway by the elevator...will it be too noisy?...

The elevator and stairs should not be a problem. The white area aft of 2139 is a crew area of some kind (quarters, working or storage) and could be a problem.

I asked my TA to move me to a higher deck (maybe 2 or 3 more up) which would be good?

Deck 3 has inside cabins, decks 4 and 5 have no cabins, deck 6 has no inside cabins, decks 7, 8 and 9 have inside cabins. I would choose deck 7 for an inside. Deck 8 or 9 are also OK.

Sorry for all this questions but Im a newbie in Celebrity and have always traveled Carnival so I feel like this is my first cruise again lol

Why not consider an oceanview, or even a balcony or Concierge Class (CC) Balcony cabin. Sometimes they are a good bargain. It is your honeymoon cruise, so why not sail in a more enjoyable cabin.

Thanks so much for ur help!:p;)

You are welcome. Have a great honeymoon cruise.

We did our honeymoon on the Summit in 2005 and loved it! If you can, splurge for a balcony though. It was the most wonderful thing for our honeymoon.

We do insides now because we can't afford the difference for a "regular" vacation, but for a honeymoon I would absolutely get the balcony. Much more romantic.

Hopefully you are not really on deck 12 or you will be really be entertaining your fellow passengers. Its the top deck ;). You will be on deck 2.

I agree with others - if you can afford it get a balcony (and a bottle of champagne) and enjoy watching the sea go by in the evening.

Two caveats:

If you have never cruised and not sure about sea sickness the lower decks don't haves as much sway. However, with the stablizers they now have its really more important to be mid-ship. Wouldn't worry about it either way. MaryBeth does use a band but she also uses it for air travel. So if air travel doesn't bother you - you are probably going to be fine.

If you do get a balcony, you will never sail without one again!

Totally different take on this. We have been on 24 cruises and only 2 have been balcony cabins. We thought we'd sit on the balcony in the evenings but it was way too windy and we seldom used it. Do what YOU can comfortably afford. It may be better to spend the $$$ on excursions or a special something as a memento of your trip.

Yusi1906, The cabin you have been assigned is fine. We have sailed on several Millie class ships with inside and outside cabins in that area. I have found them to be quiet. You will be in the middle area of the ship with the least amount of movement. I would choose a cabin in that area or even further back any time.

Have any of the other CCers had any actual experience with a cabin in this area?

Hancock

Yusi1906,

Have any of the other CCers had any actual experience with a cabin in this area?

Hancock

Yep, oceanviews 3 times and inside 1 time. Yes, the cabin will be fine for them. Since it is their honeymoon cruise, I just suggested they consider an oceanview, balcony or CC cabin for the special occassion.

Hancock, we are doing Hawaii Circle on Summit 11/9/07 this year. Last Oct/Nov on Infinity with you & Frank, Carol & Ron and Michelle & Mike was a great cruise.

Archived