You have to book 5 in a cabin to get 4 beds?

cruzincon

I recently booked the Elation for a family of 4 and was given a cabin with 2 beds and one bunk. When I inquired about it I was told that the double bunks were reserved for 5 to a cabin and that a roll a way bed would be brought in every night. They eventually put us in a cabin with 2 bunks but advised us if a family of 5 needs the room we will be moved. I am fine with being reassigned since we did nook a gty but I assumed everyone would have a bed. Anyone ever heard of this before?

We were on the Fantasy last December and they gave us a room with one upper bunk for our family of 4. This worked out perfectly since my son has a "bunk bed phobia" and we normally have to ask for a rollaway anyway. Strangely enough, my inlaws were placed on the same floor in a quad room with two upper berths (there were 2 of them booked in the room). We both had guarantees.

Rowan,

Was it easy to maneuver around the cabin at night with the rollaway? Where did it go? It seems to me you would have to crawl over it to get to the bathroom.

The rollaway went directly under the bunk, which was over the foot of our bed (two bottom beds were pushed together). So the rollaway was on the floor in between the foot of the bed and the wall. I was able to get out of bed and walk to the bathroom at night without anything in my way. DH would have had to crawl over me to get out of bed, but he never wakes up during the night. It REALLY wasn't a problem at all. I prefer that to having another upper berth suspended over my head, to be honest. On our upcoming Fantasy cruise I'll be asking our steward to give us a rollaway, and if no rollaway is available we'll just put the bunk mattress on the floor. I prefer that setup, and my son is still afraid of sleeping "up in the air."

Thanks for the quick response. I guess I wasn't thinking of all the ways you could arrange the cabin. On our last cruise (the first with the kids) we had the beds against the window and the double bunks above us and that worked for us.

Thanks for the quick response. I guess I wasn't thinking of all the ways you could arrange the cabin. On our last cruise (the first with the kids) we had the beds against the window and the double bunks above us and that worked for us.

Right. We had the beds facing the side wall, rather than the door. Makes it much easier to accomodate the rollaway. And when my daughter needed to get out of the bunk, she would just hop off the side onto the foot of our bed. That also made me feel better, knowing if she somehow fell off the bed she would land on our bed and not on the floor.

To be very honest, I was unaware that you could book a cabin with 5 guests. You learn something new everyday.

You can't do this on the newer ships - you can do it on the Holiday class and Fantasy class ships, and possibly a few other ships as well.

Hi I am a first time cruiser. I have just booked 2 inside rooms (4C) for my family of 5: My hubby, my 2 boys aged 5 & 8 will be in 1 room, then me and my Mom in another. I am hesitating to book 1 room and put all 5 of us in, which will save me $300 for the cruise on 11/17 on Celebration. I saw people stating that the staterooms aren't as small as they expected..I was wondering if I should change and put all 5 of us back into 1 room? Since the choice for 3 people is only left with U60, and the room for 2 is a long way away (U154). Can someone advise me about how 5 of us can fit in the room? I wonder if I should save the $300 and spend it on excursion instead. Maybe 5 of us will be fine in 1 room? My mom pretty will have 1 of the twin bed. How could the bed configuration be for the rest of 4 of us? Thanks!

Hi I am a first time cruiser. I have just booked 2 inside rooms (4C) for my family of 5: My hubby, my 2 boys aged 5 & 8 will be in 1 room, then me and my Mom in another. I am hesitating to book 1 room and put all 5 of us in, which will save me $300 for the cruise on 11/17 on Celebration. I saw people stating that the staterooms aren't as small as they expected..I was wondering if I should change and put all 5 of us back into 1 room? Since the choice for 3 people is only left with U60, and the room for 2 is a long way away (U154). Can someone advise me about how 5 of us can fit in the room? I wonder if I should save the $300 and spend it on excursion instead. Maybe 5 of us will be fine in 1 room? My mom pretty will have 1 of the twin bed. How could the bed configuration be for the rest of 4 of us? Thanks!

My family of five stayed in one room on the Celebration two years ago (M32) - they have two upper bunks- the two lower beds are pushed together to make a double bed (for parents) and a rollaway is brought in for the 5th person. It's not that crowded - and if your mom doesn't mind sleepingon a rollaway (kids perfered it to the bunks) - then that's the way I would go - save $300 and use it for your excursions or foo foo drinks... How much time to you plan on spending in your cabin anyway?

Archived