Gym open on Crown on day of embarkation?

suzadoll

HI

Does anyone know if the gym is open the first day of sailaway on the Crown?? My son is training for his High School cross country team and has to get his miles in on the tread mill. I can not remember if the gym opens the first day or not when we were on our other cruises.

Thanks!!

I believe they are using the gym and spa for tours, but by that evening it would certainly be available. There's also the outdoor track, if he would want to do that, but at 1/10 mile, he might feel like a cat chasing his tail. :)

I know, I heard about that tiny track. Someone else told me that was on the Crown that if he goes early in the morning he can run the full lenth of the ship on Deck 7. I figure that would not be possible any other time them early in the A.M. I hope so cause he has to run 12 miles a day and he will get awful dizzy running a track 1/10 mile. Thanks!

Can't speak for the Crown, but during our March 2006 cruise on the Star, I know for a fact that we boarded and went directly to the gym to work out. There were tours being given, but there weren't many people taking them, and if you don't mind people milling by while you're exercising, it's not a problem.

Can't speak for the Crown, but during our March 2006 cruise on the Star, I know for a fact that we boarded and went directly to the gym to work out. There were tours being given, but there weren't many people taking them, and if you don't mind people milling by while you're exercising, it's not a problem.

Amazing, since when we were on the Star the gym was off limits until sailing time. It was locked up nice and tight. We always check out the gym just after boarding and it's never open. Not the Star, Golden, Grand, Caribbean, Pacific, etc. etc. etc. You got lucky.

Amazing, since when we were on the Star the gym was off limits until sailing time. It was locked up nice and tight. We always check out the gym just after boarding and it's never open. Not the Star, Golden, Grand, Caribbean, Pacific, etc. etc. etc. You got lucky.

LOL! Well, we may have just been too dumb to know better. We just changed and marched right in. In fact, we struck up a conversation with one of the trainers, who was the one who told us to go for the elliptical machines rather than the treadmills, as the treadmills are usually booked up.

Seriously, we may have just gotten lucky because we didn't know any better. :p

Not open? even at night?

What he meant was the gym is not open during embarkation day; it opens after sailing. Regular gym hours are usually 7:00 AM to about 9:00 PM. Won't swear to night hours, since we work out early early early. Best part of working out is finishing. :)

What he meant was the gym is not open during embarkation day; it opens after sailing. Regular gym hours are usually 7:00 AM to about 9:00 PM. Won't swear to night hours, since we work out early early early. Best part of working out is finishing. :)

Thanks. ;)

Archived