Booked An Inside-now I Want A Veranda?

wizard-of-roz

I called my TA he said the ship is full! He will put me on the "waiting list!" He said I should get to the ship early, right after boarding go to the Pursers Desk and ask for the upgrade. "Sometimes there are no shows!"

What do YOU think? Is this the best way to do it?

The ship is the Golden, the date of the voyage is September 29, 2007.

At this point Roz, everyone is after final payment so would have to hope for a cancellation--you are on the wait list if it happens before sailing, and if you are early to board and there is a no-show you will be on that list, too. Just do not count on it.

I called my TA he said the ship is full! He will put me on the "waiting list!" He said I should get to the ship early, right after boarding go to the Pursers Desk and ask for the upgrade. "Sometimes there are no shows!"

Your Travel Agent is comparing Princess to other cruise lines where this is done regularly. Princess normally will not have better cabins available at sailing and I have yet to run into anyone that has been able to upgrade themselves at the pier, even when they are willing to pay the going price. Sorry! I would keep checking everyday on the Princess website, but your chances would probably be slim this late in the game.

But have a great cruise anyway.

Considering that it is about 1 1/2 month away it probably is sold out. I checked the Princess site and all balconies and suites are wait-listed. There is no harm that I can see to check at the desk to see if someone did not show up. You have nothing to lose.

marilyn

mum: You won't be sorry.....I've had them all. And, having the veranda can be a great advantage. It opens up your cabin.

Although, we tend to "hybernate" and don't leave the room much because the view from your veranda can be amazing!

This trip, my DH wanted to do an inside and now I think I want to be more open......I've tried inside cabins and found that I couldn't wait to get out! I didn't mind the sleeping (you feel like you're in a cacoon!) But, when it came to every other part, I wanted to be out of the room!

Marilyn & Toto: How do I check online? I know I go to the Princess site....but being directionally challenged (at times), could you please spell it out to me........and, maybe to others who want to do this?

Cheryl: I know I'll have a wonderful cruise, no matter where I sleep!

Marilyn & Toto: How do I check online? I know I go to the Princess site....but being directionally challenged (at times), could you please spell it out to me........and, maybe to others who want to do this?

Cheryl: I know I'll have a wonderful cruise, no matter where I sleep!

All I do is pretend or search to take a cruise. I picked out your cruise for example and went right to it. Then I checked balconies, suites, etc and found out they are all wait-listed.

marilyn

Archived