Best Seafood Restaurant in Galveston?

patticaryl

It is good, and you do need reservations, but I also think you don't get away with wearing shorts there either. You have to dress a little bit. I ate at Casey's this weekend while we were in Galveston. The food was great and their prices are very reasonable. You can't go wrong with any of the places mentioned above by GCurry. By the way, Fish Tales has been purchased by the Landry's chain of restaurants. They also recently purchased the old Flagship Hotel and are going to renovate it and build some kind of amusement area. We'll see... :)

We were in Galveston yesterday and ate at The Spot on the seawall. Didn't try their seafood, but the burgers/fries/onion rings were great. It's a very comfortable restaurant where you place your own order and pick it up at the counter. We recommend it to anyone who's in Galveston and perhaps wants a change from seafood - although they do have that on the menu also.

I agree. The Spot is a great place to eat and get in the mood for your cruise. They do have seafood on the menu. The shrimp kisses were really good. They also have great burgers and a really good pina colada. We ate there this past summer and it was one of our favorite meals. We sat out on the upper deck outside and looked out over the ocean. It is right on the sea wall. Prices are much more reasonable than the major seafood places on the island.

Have a great time!!

Archived