Question about shoes

cstrick

Several of the shore excursions on the Paul Gaugiun mention water shoes. What are they and where can I purshase them ? I understand that you need then to protect your feet from the coral and the various water creatures.

Depending on the time of year and where you live, you might have to find them at a dive shop. We live in the north, and water shoes aren't available year-round anywhere else. But even then, they only cost about $20.

They are really essential for times when you are in and around the water, but not wearing fins. There are bits of sharp coral and urchins, but also (rare) stone fish. The latter are deadly.

Both time we were going on the PG, we found them at Sports Authority, if you have those in your area. I imagine most larger sporting goods stores have them. You may also see them as "reef shoes" and "aqua socks".

-- Eric

You can buy 'Crocs' in male and female sizes in all colours on board, probably at a mark up. We found these did the job well and dried out instantly being plastic, so no smells etc, comfortable too.

Nevian

Archived