Majesty Cabins?

My husband and I are going to be booking a Bahamas cruise on Majesty of the Seas. When I see the available cabins listed online for the superior oceanviews on deck 9, it mentions that the views are obstructed. Can anyone who has been in any deck 9 cabins tell be exactly how obstructed the view is? Minimal I wouldn't mind, but I hate to pay for an upgrade and have a fully obstructed oceanview room - and miss the point of an oceanview.

Thanks!!:)

I find that the window itself is "obstructive"! It's certainly not like a balcony! A window is really more for the natural light, than the view. The deck 9 cabins show NO obstruction. It's the deck 8 cabins that have the lifeboats hanging in front of them.

We were on the Majesty last year and stayed in one of the deck 9 "Superior Oceanview" cabins. The only obstruction to the view that I can remember was that you couldn't look straight down. Just looking straight out the window, you had a pretty good view of whatever was out there at the time.

The promenade deck is deck 7 on that ship and the lifeboats hang over that on deck 8 so I would assume the deck 8 oceanview cabins would have obstructed views with the lifeboats right outside the windows.

Tim

My husband and I are going to be booking a Bahamas cruise on Majesty of the Seas. When I see the available cabins listed online for the superior oceanviews on deck 9, it mentions that the views are obstructed. Can anyone who has been in any deck 9 cabins tell be exactly how obstructed the view is? Minimal I wouldn't mind, but I hate to pay for an upgrade and have a fully obstructed oceanview room - and miss the point of an oceanview.

Thanks!!:)

Deck 8, outside cabin ,

great value,would certainly choose these cabins again,8048, obstruction ,would not notice it,from Life boat,plenty of day light,beds up against the window,

We've sailed on Majesty twice, both times in an SO on Deck 9. We're booked in an SO cabin for the Oct. 1 sailing of Majesty. We usually book balcony cabins but since the fares for an SO are so reasonable, we don't mind the obstruction. If I remember correctly, you'll be looking at the rigging for the lifeboats. The view is not totally obstructed and after a while, you won't even notice it. Our RCI cruise planner told us that all SO cabins on Deck 9 are obstructed.

We've sailed on Majesty twice, both times in an SO on Deck 9. We're booked in an SO cabin for the Oct. 1 sailing of Majesty. We usually book balcony cabins but since the fares for an SO are so reasonable, we don't mind the obstruction. If I remember correctly, you'll be looking at the rigging for the lifeboats. The view is not totally obstructed and after a while, you won't even notice it. Our RCI cruise planner told us that all SO cabins on Deck 9 are obstructed.
We were on board a month ago. Our TA put us down on deck 5 to be free of the obstructions, and the noise associated at times with the promenade deck on 7. That's right, it would be the lifts for the lifeboats up on 9. So, as decks on Majesty go, there would be worse obstructions a deck down. Cabins on Majesty tend to be rather small compared to most other RCI ships. Because of the small size and the limited view through the small windows, we decided to really stick with the value of being lower. Smooth ride; would do this again in the future on such a short sailing.

Buddybuttons (and others):

We had cabin 9550 on the Majesty in April and really liked it. The obstruction was minimal to us -- we couldn't look straight down because there was a lifeboat below us. Even without the lifeboat hanging there, you would still see mostly the promenade deck looking down.

We booked this category because it is enough bigger than the standard OV cabins to make a difference -- 35 feet. I figure that makes the room four or five feet deeper, enough for a loveseat and a little room to walk around.

Our room did have a small fridge (hidden behind a cabinet door) and a safe in the closet. Our safe had an enter-the-4-digit-code lock, not the card-swipe one described from other ships.

Overall, we were very pleased with the room. Our previous cruise we had an inside on sister-ship Monarch, and both DH and I could really feel the difference on Majesty. We debated booking a junior suite, but it would have cost almost twice as much, and for a four-day port-a-day cruise we couldn't justify it.

PHXscuba

"You can't have everything -- besides, where would you put it all?":D

Archived