Itinerary Changes-some Ports Raise Prices

vafamily5

I don't know if any other Carnival cruisers have noticed that some of the prices have went up at some of the ports of call since Carnival changed itineraries.

For example: I booked a room at the Comfort Suites at Atlantis (Nassau, Bahamas) one month ago. Last night while checking the Comfort Suites web site I noticed that they jacked their prices up substantially the day Carnival posted itinerary changes. Thankfully, since I already booked and pre-paid I get to have the original rate. However, it appears that since Carnival ships have been rerouted to Nassau in lieu of the original ports of calls, Nassau is taking advantage of the situation and cashing in big time.

I book a room for $196.00 per night (including tax) one month ago. Last night, the rate went up to $321.00 per night.

Get ready to hold out your wallets on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does a cruise ship stop affect hotel room sales? I could see them raising drink prices but don't see that as a smart move. Get them for a buck more on a drink, lose them forever as a guest.

'Splain me please?

Dan

How does a cruise ship stop affect hotel room sales? I could see them raising drink prices but don't see that as a smart move. Get them for a buck more on a drink, lose them forever as a guest.

'Splain me please?

Dan

I think some people rent rooms for the day while in port so they can use all the facilities...

yeah I don't think the OP was saying the cruise lines raised prices or had control over that. Just letting those who do rent the rooms that the prices are now higher. It could be that the room prices are higher simply because it's closer to the date.

I had to change my plans last minute for my cruise next month and just went thru rebooking hotels and everything had gone up. I was driving from Texas to Port Canaveral and everything was up at least $20 from when I originally booked. darn. ...might be just its getting cooler soon so prices are going up? Prices are lower in the summer when its so hot.

Archived