Current concierges?

fflady

I am so glad to know that Mitzi is no longer on the Mariner. I had wanted to sail one more time on her before she leaves for LA, BUT I was really not looking forward to seeing Mitzi again.......what a completely inept and impersonable concierge. Thanks for the update.

Carol

I thought from reading previous pages of the thread that Mitzi was on vacation -- is there any information that she will not be assigned to CL when she comes back.

We are doing a farewell Mariner sailing on Aug. 17 and would like to have a better Concierge than Mitzi. From my previous posts, you can see how much Maritza in Serenade's CL and Carmeliza in Freedom's DL contributed to our enjoyment of these cruises.

If you are on Serenade and have Maritza Moolman as your concierge, you have one of the best - she has won Employee of the Year awards and deserves them. Nothing is too much for her to help with and she always does it with a gracious smile. We were fortunate enough to enjoy her for 15 days on a SanDiego-Hawaii trip last October.:)

Maritza should teach a course in how to be a Concierge. She is the BEST (ship or no ship). Sailed with her twice and not once have I witnessed her ignoring a customer or losing her cool. As a matter of fact she cares about all her customers so much that on our 1/26/08 sailing she knew the CL would not be big enough for all her guests and didn't want to slight anyone so she booked the Vortex lounge for the evening service. She met with and talked with every person in that lounge every evening without fail. Again, the BEST!!!!

Mitzi was suppose to return to the Mariner at the end of January according to what she told us back at the end of November. I assume then that she didn't. I know she was trying for something else.
Well as it's now March and if she's not back, she could not be coming back.

The March 2008 list:

Adventure of the Seas - Duygu Tanel (DeDe)

Brilliance of the Seas - Katherine Valenzuela

Enchantment of the Seas - Julian Querico/Carlos/Kenneth

Explorer of the Seas - Ricky

Freedom of the Seas (Concierge) - François Roux

Freedom of the Seas (Diamond) - Juan Diego Miranda-Allen

Independence of the Seas (Concierge) -

Independence of the Seas (Diamond) -

Jewel of the Seas - Robert Vugrinec /Teodore Marinas/Andrea Levitt 10.07

Legend of the Seas - Diego Tripaldi

Liberty of the Seas (Concierge) - Ricardo Ugalde

Liberty of the Seas (Diamond) - Ricardo Mock

Mariner of the Seas - Fernando

Navigator of the Seas – Carlos / Julian

Radiance of the Seas - Willie Salaya

Serenade of the Seas - Maritza Moolman/Rahul Barua vacation cover

Splendour of the Seas - Kenneth Boodoo

Voyager of the Seas - Martin Sanchez (vacation 1/27)/Gershwin Bronswinkel

Please cut and paste this post to update. :)

The March 2008 list:

Freedom of the Seas (Diamond) - CARMELIZA COLINA

Liberty of the Seas (Concierge) - Ricardo Ugalde

Please cut and paste this post to update

Well as it's now March and if she's not back, she could not be coming back.

It looks like it. I suppose if enough people actually complained to RCL about her then may have done something or she received the transfer she was looking for.

Either way I guess we must have been just about the only one's who haven't complained about her.

We found Andrea, on the Jewel, following in Maritzas foot steps. She goes around the room and talks to all guests through out the coctail hours. We loved having her as our concierge. ;) I hope RCL knows what valuable employees they have.

Agree!

It looks like it. I suppose if enough people actually complained to RCL about her then may have done something or she received the transfer she was looking for.

Either way I guess we must have been just about the only one's who haven't complained about her.

I would expect that complaints were written up on lots of comment cards.

Wonder if Fernando will be our Concierge on our 8/17 Mariner sailing?

Here's an interesting tidbit that I got from a Concierge who shall remain nameless, for obvious reasons. Effective this month, they've had they're base salaries cut in half, and will be relying more heavily on tips for their income. Apparently guests who are CL eligible will have a spot on their gratuities forms to include the Concierge.

I'm really saddened to see this development because I think it will hurt even the best Concierges, especially on ships where there's an overflow lounge or where D/D+ guests are banned from the lounge to prevent overcrowding (for example on a members' cruise, which happened to many on Radiance last year). We don't use the Concierge's services much, but have always left at least a token gratuity for the Concierge and any barstaff who may be helping out during the cocktail hour. I can see the best of the fleet leaving for greener pastures, and can't say that I would blame them one bit.:(

Here's an interesting tidbit that I got from a Concierge who shall remain nameless, for obvious reasons. Effective this month, they've had they're base salaries cut in half, and will be relying more heavily on tips for their income. Apparently guests who are CL eligible will have a spot on their gratuities forms to include the Concierge.

I'm really saddened to see this development because I think it will hurt even the best Concierges, especially on ships where there's an overflow lounge or where D/D+ guests are banned from the lounge to prevent overcrowding (for example on a members' cruise, which happened to many on Radiance last year). We don't use the Concierge's services much, but have always left at least a token gratuity for the Concierge and any barstaff who may be helping out during the cocktail hour. I can see the best of the fleet leaving for greener pastures, and can't say that I would blame them one bit.:(

Good grief - talk about nickle and diming. We do use the CL and have always had good service. We have always choosen to tip the concierge and wait staff in there. I'm not sure that many really do that. Now this is going to be forced on everyone?

As much as there are a lot of people now entitled to us the CL there will be issues in that not everyone uses them, some people want to take travelling companions in even though they aren't entitled and overcrowding. I can see the general attitude changing for sure. If concierges start depending on tips they are not going to say no to the guests. That is going to create more crowds and those that haven't earned the CL will be allowed simply because the concierge doesn't want to say no.

Marilyn

I changed the concierge for Liberty back to the correct one. Ricardo is leaving RCI, getting married and Pretty Shamu (that's her real name!) is taking his place. I was just on the Liberty last week and Pretty is now in charge as of this week. I think Ricardo may still be on the ship this week though.

The March 2008 list:

Liberty of the Seas (Concierge) - Pretty Shamu

I changed the concierge for Liberty back to the correct one. Ricardo is leaving RCI, getting married and Pretty Shamu (that's her real name!) is taking his place. I was just on the Liberty last week and Pretty is now in charge as of this week. I think Ricardo may still be on the ship this week though.

The March 2008 list:

Liberty of the Seas (Concierge) - Pretty Shamu

Are you sure about Juan Diego Miranda-Allen as Concierge for FOS's Diamond lounge. We sailed on 2/24 on FOS and our concierge was Carmeliza Colina. I don't seem to remember her mentioning that she was leaving the ship for vacation.

That is not a good development. We just sailed on FOS on 2/24 and did not have a separate envelope or suggested amount for the Diamond Concierge (or the waiter who was helping).

Please report back to us.

I would very much like to hear more about this possible business of the cutting in half of the concierge base salary and the implementation of suggested tipping/guidelines/et al. I hope hope hope that this might be simply one of those "rogue" policies that cropped up only on one ship. Certain ships seem to run just a little stage left of center compared to the rest of the fleet, and maybe they've decided on that one ship to institute this new policy.

Fingers crossed that RCI is not fiddling with the concierges fleet wide.

Leslie

Good grief - talk about nickle and diming. We do use the CL and have always had good service. We have always choosen to tip the concierge and wait staff in there. I'm not sure that many really do that. Now this is going to be forced on everyone?

As much as there are a lot of people now entitled to us the CL there will be issues in that not everyone uses them, some people want to take travelling companions in even though they aren't entitled and overcrowding. I can see the general attitude changing for sure. If concierges start depending on tips they are not going to say no to the guests. That is going to create more crowds and those that haven't earned the CL will be allowed simply because the concierge doesn't want to say no.

Marilyn

On the positive side, maybe they'll be more accomodating about letting people take their drinks out of the lounge.;) :rolleyes:

That is not a good development. We just sailed on FOS on 2/24 and did not have a separate envelope or suggested amount for the Diamond Concierge (or the waiter who was helping).

Nor did we on Mariner, but it's new this month (or maybe announced this month and effective on April 1, how appropriate).

We found Andrea, on the Jewel, following in Maritzas foot steps. She goes around the room and talks to all guests through out the coctail hours. We loved having her as our concierge. ;) I hope RCL knows what valuable employees they have.

Totally agree! I also felt that Katherine V from Brilliance was on that path when we sailed with her.

I am *not* happy about the compensation change. We already tip our concierge generously based on their excellent performance. I would resent being responsible for their salaries (since this is supposed to be a perc).

Jane

I am *not* happy about the compensation change. We already tip our concierge generously based on their excellent performance. I would resent being responsible for their salaries (since this is supposed to be a perc).

Jane

Jane,

I completely agree with you.

Leslie

Are you sure about Juan Diego Miranda-Allen as Concierge for FOS's Diamond lounge. We sailed on 2/24 on FOS and our concierge was Carmeliza Colina. I don't seem to remember her mentioning that she was leaving the ship for vacation.

Juan Diego was on vacation and was supposed to return to Freedom soon.

Besides being the concierge on Splendour, Kenneth Boodoo also subs for Julian on the Enchantment.

We will be on Splendour next week and the concierge we were in cantact with is Giovanna. Kenneth Boodoo is no longer assigned to Splendour at least for now since she is on the S.America route and a Spanish speaking concierge was needed.

Archived