Farm Tour

bxny

We will be sailing SYD to AKL in Feb. 2008. I can't find any tours of a working sheep farm at any of the ports we are visiting. I have found farm stays offering accomadations but not a general tour. Anyone have any info? We are a group of six trying to arrange private tours as opposed to Princess' tours.

The agridome at Rotorua is a great experience,but is more of a show put on for tourists than a working sheep farm.

Most of our "working" sheep farms are in fairly remote inland areas of the country ,hence they offer farm stays so you can stay over.

On your cruise there are 2 farm visits offered as ship tours at Christchurch.

Akaroa & Canterbury Farm

Ez Tranz Alpine Experience

The Tranz Alpine train trip visits a farm on the way back, and although more expensive, will give you the best experience.

A regular poster on this board,Mike from Boyton Beach,has an excellent review of his cruise and they did the Train trip which included a farm visit.

His review can be found here.......

http://www.thepreismans.com/

Here's one that popped up when I Googled Sheep Farm Tour NZ http://www.christchurchnz.net/canterbury/searchresults/?category=farm-toursfarm-experience&listingtype=PROD

There were several others, so I'd suggest a church and follow through via email to see if any of them are what you're looking for.

By the way, I fought going to the Agridome show - thought it would be too hokey for me. Had a great time and, especially, loved watching the sheep dog demonstration. So, you never know (or at least I never know :))

By the way, I fought going to the Agridome show - thought it would be too hokey for me. Had a great time and, especially, loved watching the sheep dog demonstration. So, you never know (or at least I never know

I hope I didn't give the wrong impression with my Agridome comment.It is a great show and a wonderful visit.It was just that bxny was asking about a working sheep farm.

Archived