Final pay due Tomorrow! Would you cancel a November Thanksgiving cruise due to Dean?

We make our final payment tomorrow, so I am trying to decide....

Should we cancel our Carnival Conquest out of Galveston cruise:confused:

Will Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel still be in recovery mode?

We got such an awesome price nearly a year ago and it has gone up $1000 since then, and it is a family tradition to vacation at Thanksgiving.

Will they pick different ports IF these ports are not open?

Anybody have experience with this? All opinions and advice welcomed and appreciated!:)

NO WAY would I cancel. We went on the Conquest out of Galveston 2 months after Wilma and still had a fabulous time. You may never go on a cruise again if you cancel every time it looks like an island or two might take hurricane damage. Keep your plans, you'll have a blast no matter what.

We make our final payment tomorrow, so I am trying to decide....

Should we cancel our Carnival Conquest out of Galveston cruise:confused:

Anybody have experience with this? All opinions and advice welcomed and appreciated!:)

We went through the same problem with Katrina and Wilma. Our ship was transfered to Tampa when Katrina took out NO. I canceled it and rebooked out of Galveston for a WC cruise. Wilma then hammered Coz for three days. We were there in Nov following the devastation. The place was literally obliterated.

I can't cancel this trip, even though I could without penalty. These people will need the money now, more than ever. I feel as if I would be taking food from their mouths if I cancel now.

Are you more interested in the cruise or the ports? IF you are happy no matter where you go, don't cancel. If you booked for the ports, you might want to consider going another time.

As things are looking now, the hurricane may go south of Cozumel, which would be good.

It's hard to give a definite answer, and there could be another 'cane next week.

Archived