Is it me or should speedo's be banned.

Coco Loco

Should speedo's be banned  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should speedo's be banned

• Yes
    • No

Just curious as to the general consensus as to your outlook on speedo's. I was in the H20 zone a few weeks back and looked up to find my son and right in front of me standing sideways was a man in a speedo. I mean RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. I didn't much care for the view and he didn't move fast enough out of the way so I could look for my son. So just wondering about others opinions.

>>>should speedo's be banned. <<<

No, just the men who wear them. As I think about this, I've decided those men are doing us ladies a favor...a sort of culling of the herd, narrowing the list.

I never thought of it like that Gail. I looked away, trust me, I was looking away, but when I am sitting on a deck chair in the front row and this man is standing litterally right in front me,... well... i didn't want to get up, that would only bring me closer to him so I had no choice but to wait. my dh was right next to me and he wasn't impressed either :D LOL

I don't know--you ban speedos--then I think we should ban some of the women's swimsuits as well. :(

How many times have we all seen women in thong swimsuits--that should just NOT be in one??

Or have seen women in bikinis that should have long put them away??:confused:

Europeans view swimsuits and bodies differently than people in the USA. While I too cringe at seeing some men in a speedo--I equally cringe at some of the things I have seen some women in. :(

If we ban speedos--we need to ban what some women wear as well.

but when I am sitting on a deck chair in the front row and this man is standing litterally right in front me,... well... i didn't want to get up, that would only bring me closer to him so I had no choice but to wait. my dh was right next to me and he wasn't impressed either :D LOL

Could have been worse, he could have been naked!!!:eek: , considering it's mostly europeans that wear them, and nudity is normal for them.

Well, in the spirit of being consistent, it has been pointed out repeatedly that those on cruises who spend time looking at and and passing judgment on what other cruisers wear are shallow and snobbish.

I guess this has to apply to the pool area as well as to the dining room, correct? After all, if someone not properly attired for dinner can't ruin someone else's dining experience, then by the same token, someone in a Speedo should do nothing to destroy the pool ambiance....

;)

There is a place for speedos - in the pool for lapping and racing. Other than that - I am not sure about banning, but I wouldn't one standing in front of me that is for sure.

I am all for banning a lot of women's swimsuits, like floss and bikinis that should have been put away a long time ago. Unfortunately, we can't ban, but we can be entertained.

coco Loco what a fun(ny) subject; it is going to be so much fun just to watch the answers.

Linda

Well, in the spirit of being consistent, it has been pointed out repeatedly that those on cruises who spend time looking at and and passing judgment on what other cruisers wear are shallow and snobbish.

I guess this has to apply to the pool area as well as to the dining room, correct? After all, if someone not properly attired for dinner can't ruin someone else's dining experience, then by the same token, someone in a Speedo should do nothing to destroy the pool ambiance....

;)

This is just a poll in good fun and expression of our opinions. There is nothing shallow and snobbish about that. You are free to voice your opinion but name calling in unnecessary. Feel free to start a poll on the dining attire if your looking for others opinions as some people are very offended by others dining attire and have stated so in other threads. This thread is about speedos.

coco Loco what a fun(ny) subject; it is going to be so much fun just to watch the answers.

Linda

Linda, I thought this would be a fun subject as well. And I am all with ya on some womens suits especially the ones that should have been put away LOLOL!!!

daniel-craig-speedo12.jpg

I know I personally would not want that standing in front of me sideways on a family cruise. Don't get me wrong, it does look good, but I just wouldn't want to see it on a family cruise.

But the other side of that is, not everyone is on the cruise for family, so others may like it.

Linda

This is just a poll in good fun and expression of our opinions. There is nothing shallow and snobbish about that. You are free to voice your opinion but name calling in unnecessary. Feel free to start a poll on the dining attire if your looking for others opinions as some people are very offended by others dining attire and have stated so in other threads. This thread is about speedos.

I thought your response was very well put. I took this as fun also. I have been called names on other threads for just expressing my opinion, in what I thought was just an open discussion.

I like these threads to get ideas and have fun. Why do people have to get nasty? Save it for your co-workers or boss, they probably deserve it. Maybe this is the safe outlet.

Linda

Absolutely NOT!

One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen was on the beach in South Beach.

This beautiful specimen in a red Speedo came walking up out of the ocean in slow motion and I swear the theme song from "Chariots of Fire" was playing in the background.

He was so beautiful and so perfect it brought tears to my eyes.

Please, no, let the Speedo live!

PS. Don't forget about those cute Olympians in the Speedos.

Just curious as to the general consensus as to your outlook on speedo's. I was in the H20 zone a few weeks back and looked up to find my son and right in front of me standing sideways was a man in a speedo. I mean RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. I didn't much care for the view and he didn't move fast enough out of the way so I could look for my son. So just wondering about others opinions.

See I can't take the poll, because I do believe they still have a purpose, but I also don't like them in some places. Can you and I be the "snobs" and be in charge of where they are appropriate? I think you and I should be the "cruise lines swimsuit approvers" - just go from cruise to cruise and you have to pass us to get approval to wear a certain swimsuit to the pool:D . Of course, it would pay high because of having to look at those that don't pass:eek:

Linda

Absolutely NOT!

One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen was on the beach in South Beach.

This beautiful specimen in a red Speedo came walking up out of the ocean in slow motion and I swear the theme song from "Chariots of Fire" was playing in the background.

He was so beautiful and so perfect it brought tears to my eyes.

Please, no, let the Speedo live!

PS. Don't forget about those cute Olympians in the Speedos.

Too funny. Sounds like a kodak moment.

Linda

I thought your response was very well put. I took this as fun also. I have been called names on other threads for just expressing my opinion, in what I thought was just an open discussion.

I like these threads to get ideas and have fun. Why do people have to get nasty? Save it for your co-workers or boss, they probably deserve it. Maybe this is the safe outlet.

Linda

Thanks Linda!:D

Lighten up, the response was purely humorous, as I indicated with the wink. We have had all too many discussions on this board about proper attire!

See I can't take the poll, because I do believe they still have a purpose, but I also don't like them in some places. Can you and I be the "snobs" and be in charge of where they are appropriate? I think you and I should be the "cruise lines swimsuit approvers" - just go from cruise to cruise and you have to pass us to get approval to wear a certain swimsuit to the pool:D . Of course, it would pay high because of having to look at those that don't pass:eek:

Linda

I would LOVE that.... are you paying???? LMAO

Archived