I need permisson from the following posters.....

Char,

It has definitely been a "work in progress"......lol..... And if it weren't for Justin & Dave, I wouldn't have that result.... Just takes playing with it..... Linda has been working hard on hers too... We're lucky Justin walked us through it....

Linda,

Ok, found it on webshots... Excellent...... Let's try this link for your poster.....Clicking the link takes you to the larger photo.......

2060992330057705085UZHHOA_th.jpg

Thank you Char

Excellent. I also unloaded 3 more on page 3. These guys are very talented. WTG!!!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you. :DToday 11:22 AM

Linda,

You unloaded 3 more??? On here or webshots?? I'll have to look further..... I'm making a couple different samples for my group leader to decide on........ I keep finding things I want to change...lol:rolleyes:

[/color][/size][/font]

Glad to hear the prints looked good. I had run a test print on my photo printer at home at 8.5 x 11, and it was photo quality.

Nice experimentations too. You're improving with each and every try. Just wait until you start delving into the advanced tools - don't be afraid to change some of the blend modes and opacities, and let some photos go right over the tops of others. By lightening the top photo, or changing the blend modes, you can create whole new effects...and by adjusting the opacity slider, you can make the top photo more see-through.

Then you've got frames, tubes, scripts, and more that you can play with as you get better.

I've had PSP and/or Photoshop now for about 4 1/2 years - and I still find new things I can learn and do with it. You can learn the basics in just a few days, and learn 80% of the functions within 6 months. But the last 20%...the real advanced stuff, takes years to learn everything they can do and perfect your techniques! That's what's fun about these programs - they let you in the door easily, and get you to intermediate level fast, but still have plenty more new and fun things to discover for years to follow.

Char - enjoy! It's always fun to play around - it can get addictive. Make sure you are always working with or saving as a new copy when playing with a photo, that way you can experiment to your heart's content, but always have the original safe and untouched in case you mess up.

Justin,

Yes, your right.... There is so much to play with on this program.... I still have so much to learn...... Like blending..... Just trying to figure this stuff out.....

Here's another one I played with last night.......Not as hard but just a different layout.....

scubacruise.jpg

Ok, here are a couple more samples........ Now I'm doing so many, I don't know which one to use......lol...... but it's great fun........ Give me some opinions.......

Jbond, where did you get your little decal things, i.e. the palm tree, the scuba divers?

sample 1

scubacruise4.jpg

sample 2

scubacruise3.jpg

sample 3

scubacruise2.jpg

Jbond, where did you get your little decal things, i.e. the palm tree, the scuba divers?

sample 1

It's clip art. PrintShop has thousands of pieces of clip art and I also have MasterClips. You can also download free clip art from several websites. The two images in my signature are our luggage tags for our next two cruises. They were made in PrintShop and are basically clipart and text.

For Paint Shop Pro, they've got some built-in ones called 'picture tubes' - you should have a tool for those. There are usually a few dozen that ship with the program, and more that can be downloaded off the Corel website. Try that first. If not, as jbond said, you can just search around for 'clip art' and download thousands of different ones from the web. To insert them, you just open them in PSP, copy, then paste as new layer just like you do for layering your photos.

• 2 weeks later...

No problem - Instead of opening a photo and starting to edit with it...click on 'new image'. It will ask you what dimensions you want to use - the easiest default would be to use whatever pixel dimensions your camera's photos are (for example...if you have a 5Mp camera producing 2560x1920 pixel frames, just make a new frame at that size). Or, if you just want a square shape - use something like 2500x2500.

That will give you a new image, which will be completely blank (you'll see the blank background pattern)...just waiting for you to do something with it. To make the background a certain color, just choose the color you want on the color palette, then choose the 'fill' tool (looks like a paint can), and left-click anywhere in the frame. The whole thing should become that color...and now you can drop in photos, words, frames...whatever you want, just as you have been doing with the photos!

BTW - nice job on the ship photo with your cruises overlaid on it...looks familiar! ;)

Justin,

Ah, thanks;) I totally did the ship photo following your footsteps...lol....... They copying is flattery...... he, he........

Ok, I will try your advice..... Have to run but will work on it tonight. Thanks........

• 2 weeks later...
Kylescoolmom,

What happened to you?? Did you decide to stay at one of your ports:D ? lol...... We want to see photos of your door signs... Come on back and share with us.........

HI there,

I am sorry I thought I posted it before I left. Here is the link to the all my pictures.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560489438lKoTKe

• 5 weeks later...

Well I finally nailed it down to 4 images to use for door signs.... I made several copies for everyone... Thought I'd share what the final results were... And yes, some will look familiar.

Still haven't mastered the clip art thing.... Can't find ones like I've seen here.... That's been a challenge for me....lol......

scubacruise4.jpg

scubacruise2.jpg

scubacruise.jpg

Image2awesome.jpg

Ok, now I'm officially jealous.......lol.... Where did you find all the little touches? The dolphin, the rope for the photo, the starfish, the ship window? That's great..... Love it........

I've tried some clip art but it's been cheesy and don't know how to incorporate it into the sign like you have done.....

Hi Debbie. I got all of those little touches from scrap booking websites. There are thousands of websites out there that contain scrap booking objects and kits. Many are free to download and others cost just a few bucks . Many kits have over 100 pieces that include background papers, frames, ribbons, bows, photo corners, buttons, eyelets, luggage tags, etc. All of the parts of the kits are made at 300 DPI transparent PNG files for very high quality printouts. This is the same way the cruise lines make their fancy frames they put on their photos now. On my door sign, I made the background in using a gradient fill and then placing a transparent layer of clouds (made with a PSP filter) over it. The dolphins and the ship were part of a kit I downloaded. Both were silver but I used the colorize feature in PSP to make one look gold. the rope frames and other objects came from a different kit. I went to the website where I got them and they are no longer available there, but I could upload them somewhere so you can get them. since they are 300 DPI they are very large files.

Here are a few scrap booking sites you can check out to see what other people are doing with their computers.

http://www.scrapbook-bytes.com/gallery/index.php

http://www.digitalfreebies.com/

http://www.mangelsdesigns.com/ $19.95 lifetime mebership for thousands of graphics

http://www.scrapyourtrip.com/

http://pillowgirlscraps.blogspot.com/

Archived