Carnival Conquest

AJCruizer

We are RCCL Loyal's. But for the price we are going to try Carnival Conquest out of Galveston instead of the rhapsody of the seas. IT goes to Grand Cayman,Montego Bay, and Cozumel. We have been to all these ports and just need info on the ship. We are on the November 18th sailing and would love to get some info.

thanks in advance- Adam:D

I really enjoyed the Conquest. Sailing out of galveston I found a more "casual" atmosphere, which I enjoyed. The Conquest has a little bit for everyone. It's not a "glamorous" ship, it's a great cruise ship... and that is what I enjoyed... everywhere you looked people were having fun! Fish and Chips station is great... Supper Club is great... enjoy and have fun!

IS the Roomservice free? me and AJ are going together, Any other info would be awesome. I looked at the virtual tour and it showed 8 publc places. Is that all? O.o

Most certainly it is!!! You should tip a buck or two depending on what you order... it's a light room service menu, sandwiches, continental breakfast, brownies, salads, etc... but it is wonderful!!!

There are plenty of public places! Far more than 8!!! Have fun exploring! The Conquest class ships have something for everyone!! Check out the reviews in the review section!! Have fun!!

Yes, there is a soda card. I thinkit cost aroung $35 for the week (plus tax & gratituities, of course!

The Conquest is a GREAT ship! Pretty large, fun to just walk around and explore. Shows are fairly good, although some are risque and the dancers show 'alot of skin' in my own opinion, of course. Thr magic show is pretty good although most can figure how they were done...

The public areas are quite nice...somewhat busy at times...but there are nice areas to be solice if you like too...(by the purser's desk, top funnel deck), or even your balcony if you have one!!!

We had the Monett dining room. It was nice. food was good. Lido deck food was good...Espically the sandwich shop, Yummy Reubens...Yummy ice cream...

I have been on the Conquest twice so far my third time will be 9-9-07. I love this ship, I have never had any problems with any of the staff, the food has always been wonderful. I love the adult commedians, dont care much for some of the showgirl dancing but thats how I would feel even in Vegas LOL.

The Spa is great, book early or you wont get in. :D

One thing to consider about the Conquest class ships...Access to the rear dining room . You cannot get there from decks 3 or 4. You must go aft on deck 5 prior to decending to deck 4.

We loved our trip on conquest a year ago, but were late to dinner the first night after getting momentarliy disoriented (or as DW states, LOST).

Any one?

EFCruiser, I know you are new, so I'm going to say this to try and help you :) You have to give more than 4-8 minutes for people to answer, LOL. This is a message board, not a chat room... so it may take several hours, to even the next day before you get an answer, especially at night or on the weekends... just be patient :) It is against the guidelines to "bump" a thread... so just have a little patience and someone will come along and answer you...

Welcome to CC and enjoy your cruise!!

After cruising the Conquest and Rccl AOS.....i would have to say I prefer the Conquest for food selections,shows and the band on the lido deck, the point restaurant is great, the staff doesn't dine with the guests like on the AOS, the cabins are bigger...

AOS-new bedding:D put in our cabin 3 weeks before we got there, solarium,spa,plenty of shopping, the cigar lounge is great....I like how it doesn't double as a social tea club in the middle of the afternoon,more, room steward was awesome, embarking is a breeze.

skiorcruise Nice to see you posting. I was on the same cruise with you on the Conquest last Sept. Going on again in Feb o8 with two cousins. I too got lost the first night. Enjoyed meeting you and your wife. mustworktocruise is going on the conquest again in Oct 07.

Robb

Archived