Can you bring alcohol on board?

Zbayette

there are dozens of postings on this topic,try a search for smuggling.

Yes and yes.

I went thru 3 pages (my computer wouldn't open any more from this board, kept hanging, not sure why) and there wasn't any...quite to my surprise. Where's the search feature...can't find it. better yet, where's the links to this question? Thanks!

I know some cruises don't allow it; how about Carnival? What about sodas?

one bottle of wine per person 21-years old and over.

sodas = "a reasonable amount"

people seem to have good luck packing liquor in their bags if you read the "smuggler" threads.

We brought on a couple bottles of good wine last year. The steward kept them on ice. We brought one to the dining room and the waiters kept it in the fridge for us there (no corkage charge).

I didn't bring along soda this year. I'll bring some next year for the kids.

Just read your contract, and check the Carnival website - in case they change the rules....again.

You can carry on one bottle of wine each (adult?). And can bring on a 'reasonable' amount of non-alcoholic drinks. Don't know who defines 'reasonable.'

Other than that you can pack your wine/booze/beer into your luggage that you check at the pier and hope for the best. It might break and mess up your carefully packed clothes.... or the security folks might find it and confiscate it. Do what you need to do.

I think there is a way to buy 'set-ups' before going on board, but you have to call a special 800 number.

Signed,

:p A liquor-smuggling, caffeine-free soda and bottled water carrying bonafide balcony snob:p

PS.. Don't forget your Magic Bullet blender to make those margaritas!

I went thru 3 pages (my computer wouldn't open any more from this board, kept hanging, not sure why) and there wasn't any...quite to my surprise. Where's the search feature...can't find it. better yet, where's the links to this question? Thanks!

There is a tool bar at the top of this page and it has 11 items in it starting with "User CP" and ending in "log out", the 9th item is the search button.

I know some cruises don't allow it; how about Carnival? What about sodas?

The answer is no Carnival does not allow liquor on board. They do allow 1 bottle of wine per person and a reasonable amount of soft drinks.

Anything else is no allowed.

Archived