Bedspreads-should come with Mr. Yuck stickers!

PoseidonGodoftheSea

Does Celebrity still use them? Or have they adopted one of those short covers like HAL uses. Does anyone know how often Celebrity cleans them?

When I'm in a hotel I always take the bedspread off as soon as I arrive and place it in the closet. The maid of course puts it right back on when they clean and I take it right back off, God only knows how often they are cleaned in hotel rooms. Maybe they are all done at once, even room numbers one month, odd the next.

They use the duvet-type covers, and they are washed after every cruise, so you will have a clean one when you board. At least this was the case on the Millie in April/May 2007. Very nice bedding.

Agree.

We found the duvet extremely comfortable. The make up was abrown sheet, white duvet and light bedspread - all clean. We asked for a mattress topper only to be told there were already on. Never-the-less a second one was added. They did not have the honeycomb variety on the standard class in Connie.

OK, I just have to ask. I hear a lot of "yuck" comments about the bedspreads, but no one ever says the same about the sofas or chairs, which pretty much never get cleaned, unless they're crusty.:eek: Do you just not sit on the sofa? Is that why it doesn't skeeve you out equally? (Myself, I just try not to think too hard about either one!:p )

Lisa

OK, I just have to ask. I hear a lot of "yuck" comments about the bedspreads, but no one ever says the same about the sofas or chairs, which pretty much never get cleaned, unless they're crusty.:eek: Do you just not sit on the sofa? Is that why it doesn't skeeve you out equally? (Myself, I just try not to think too hard about either one!:p )

Lisa

We always ask the cabin stewart to bring an extra sheet which we put on the chair or sofa

When we were on Century a few months back, our duvet-type cover was clearly dirty and wrinkled. We asked for, and promptly received, a clean one.

Never thought about the chairs, sofas, etc. We ended up using the sofette as a luggage stand (brought waay too much stuff) and never sat in the desk chair. Hmmm...

When we were on Century a few months back, our duvet-type cover was clearly dirty and wrinkled. We asked for, and promptly received, a clean one.

Never thought about the chairs, sofas, etc. We ended up using the sofette as a luggage stand (brought waay too much stuff) and never sat in the desk chair. Hmmm...

Sorry! I didn't mean to give you something new to worry about.:)

Lisa

This is a little off topic but on my last cruise with Hal on the second to last day of our cruise I reached in my pocket of the robe that I had worn all week and found a new sanitary napkin. Lets just say that I was not real happy when I showed the room steward. From now on I will probably request it be washed before I wear it.:eek:

This is a little off topic but on my last cruise with Hal on the second to last day of our cruise I reached in my pocket of the robe that I had worn all week and found a new sanitary napkin. Lets just say that I was not real happy when I showed the room steward. From now on I will probably request it be washed before I wear it.:eek:

That's really creepy. Yuk.

However, with regard to the chairs and sofa......... I see the difference being that I am generally dressed when I sit there and I never have my face touching them either.

What do you do at church or on airplanes, doctors' waiting rooms, restaurants, etc.? Do you bring a sheet, or do you just stand?

People don't sit bare-butted in churches, airplanes, etc. so no fecal matter, etc gets on those seats.

Not to be gross but I saw this on (I think) 20/20. People sit around naked and spread stuff we don't like to think about. Traces of fecal matter were found on every seat in every hotel room they tested. :eek:

People don't sit bare-butted in churches, airplanes, etc. so no fecal matter, etc gets on those seats.

Not to be gross but I saw this on (I think) 20/20. People sit around naked and spread stuff we don't like to think about. Traces of fecal matter were found on every seat in every hotel room they tested. :eek:

It was also found on just about every purse/handbag they tested, too (from being placed on the floor in bathrooms). I wouldn't be surprised if people set their purses on chairs in churches and airplanes, so there may be fecal matter afterall!

Still, nothing is as gross to me as birthday cake! Who was the MORON who came up with the idea to have germ-ey children spit all over dessert before others eat it?! Yuck!!!

I have to admit that the first thing I do upon entering my stateroom on any line is grab the Purell and start wiping...mainly doorknobs and light switches. And yes, I know the steward can come in after being in another stateroom and recontaminate it, I just feel better after I've done it.

I do the toilet seat too, never know whose rear was parked there last.

I also cringe when anyone (adult or child) blows out candles on cakes....ewwww!

Dayton Girl-I'm using towels for sitting on sofas and club chairs from now on...YIKES!!

For me, life is a lot easier and much more enjoyable when I am not worried about getting sick or dying all the time. :)

I absolutely agree! You could go crazy thinking about this kind of stuff. I actually sit on chairs in hotel rooms without a second thought, even after seeing the report on TV.

I probably shouldn't have brought up the fecal matter thing but it came to mind after reading this thread.

I don't worry about it, either. I actually think that people who are exposed to and develop immunity to a wide variety of germs are HEALTHIER than those who avoid germs. I just find it ironic that people worry so much about the bedspread when there are so many other and more obvious germ exposures (e.g. the birthday cake).

Drew

UH... what's a little spit betw/ friends but the bed spread has other bodily fluids lurking.... get the pic... if not ya know those things that swim to make babies:eek:

Yes, bedspreads are sperm laden... I don't want to lay on or sit on someone eleses seed.....YUCK

We use towels to sit on sofa and chair and bedspread is removed immediately...

CuriousCat

I am definitely one of those people that "try not to think about it". Those T.V. shows (20/20, Dateline, Prime Time Live) just creep me out. My husband has been threatening for years to bring a black-light with us to hotels. He thinks it is funny that I get so grossed out at the thought of other people's dirt and grime yet my own house is nowhere near pristine. (Sorry, but when I saw on t.v. that there was crusted spermies on the remote control I just about lost my cookies!)

When I go to restaurants I try very hard not to look into the kitchen or the back garbage area too. It seems the less I "see" the better I feel.

Cheryl

Archived