Food

libra22

i can't wait to see all the responses to this one!

i nominate my granny's house as the best.

Well then, tell her to be expecting us. Oct.BTW, just so she's prepared. :D

For anyone not going to granny's, The White Horse Tavern in St. George is a good bet. Also, Dennis' Hide Away but you may want to look at the pictures posted on this forum first. You may be scared off but you'll also be missing some good food.

i thought a bunch of people would have thrown their favourite restaurant in by now! i don't usually respond to questions asking an opinion because what i like you may find hard to swallow. like a gallon of guinness. or the other way around. so what i'll do is give a list of places i've heard other visitors give the thumbs up.

frog and onion restaurant in dockyard

white horse in st georges

black horse in st david's

the legendary dennis's hideaway in st david's

hog penny restaurant in hamilton

i asked granny if you could come over, but she reminded me she has nine children and over 30 grandchildren so she is pretty much booked solid, but please do continue to try to get a seat at the table

i can't wait to see all the responses to this one!

i nominate my granny's house as the best.

Can I come to Granny's as well? We will be there in 2 weeks. I have a question for you though BDAGUY is a jacket and tie considered the norm for dinner around the island? Previously I have had the extended American Plan (breakfast and dinner at the hotel), this time we have opted to try something different and want Noah to be prepared.

thanks!

Laura

Can I come to Granny's as well? We will be there in 2 weeks. I have a question for you though BDAGUY is a jacket and tie considered the norm for dinner around the island? Previously I have had the extended American Plan (breakfast and dinner at the hotel), this time we have opted to try something different and want Noah to be prepared.

thanks!

Laura

most places are smart-casual. dress code can be confirmed when making reservations, so you should bring a jacket and tie in case you decide to go upmarket.

Thank you! I will be sure he packs one. In your opinion who has the best bangers and mash?

Laura

i've queried the english father, english wife and english in laws and they all agree that it can only be truly called bangers and mash if you are using authentic english sausages. most places that serve b&m, and there ain't that many, use any old sausages. i know for a fact that the sausages in the b&m at the frog and onion in dockyard are "awfentic" as the londoner head chef would say. so if you want historical accuracy and good b&m, go there. and many people have said they are good, locals and visitors alike.

enjoy

ps smart casual

Archived