Princess Air: Did you fly into Fort Lauderdale or Miami?

jt58203

If anyone has used Princess Air (for a Caribbean Princess Eastern Itinerary Cruise), which airport did they send you to--Fort Lauderdale or Miami? Maybe it depends on which part of the country one resides in. I live in North Dakota, but will be flying out of Minneapolis.

If anyone has used Princess Air (for a Caribbean Princess Eastern Itinerary Cruise), which airport did they send you to--Fort Lauderdale or Miami? Maybe it depends on which part of the country one resides in. I live in North Dakota, but will be flying out of Minneapolis.

We have flown int both from the UK. By the way my son lives in North Dakota ( Fargo )

I can't remember exactly for our 2 previous princess cruises but I think it was at least a couple of months before we cruised. However we have just last week booked another cruise and we have already got our flights 6 months before we go!

We've used Princess air 3 times and booked for a fourth. The first three were into Fort Lauderdale and that's what the 4th is showing us for next April.

Joan

Hi Joan,

By chance did you ever have a "forced overnight"? 3/4 of the sailing dates (Caribbean sailings out of Florida) have that for me and you're only 2 1/2 hours north of here.

Also, has everyone been happy with the times of your flights/connections?

I was excited to hear about your son in North Dakota, Floflegs. I'm just north from him (Grand Forks).

We would never consider using any cruise line air into Florida. Why leave things to their whim (unless you pay for personalized air) when we can always find cheaper air on our own. After a lot of years of cruising we have learned to always fly-in at least one day early (this is helpful if your baggage gets lost and does not show-up until the following day), spend a relaxing night at a motel or hotel, and board the ship around noon nice and rested and ready to have fun.

Hank

We flew from MSP to charlotte then on to Fort Lauderdale. But who knows you could be routed differently.

On a side note most likely will not use Princess Air agian.

I am using Princess air. Sailing on CB 9/2/07. We are a forced overnight as well. Used the air because it is hurricane season (hello-Dean?). Wanted it all in one package in case it was cancelled due to weather.

Two years ago booked my land vacation separate from air to Cancun. Hurricane Wilma came in and closed everything down. It was such a hassle and soooo stressful working with two different sites to rearrange a vacation. If I'm vacationing during hurricane season, I'm doing an all-in-one package.

On our first Princess cruise we had an overnight in Miami. The second time we flew grom Glasgow to London and had an overnight in London before flying to Ft L. This time we have an overnight in LA and fly back from Miami.

JT58203 My son first came to USA to do his PHD at Notre Dame in Indiana. Then he did Post Doc research at NDSU. He now works at Concordia College in Moorhead, MN.

The one time we flew from California to FLL with Princess Air, they flew us into FLL, not MIA. We were on one airline going there, another one coming home and had different stops getting there & back.

The time I used Princess Air, I was flown from Oregon to where ever the ship was not docked (Miami or Ft. Lauderdale - don't remember.) Then a late night bus ride to a forced overnight in the other city (the hotel was fine.) The return was from the same airport, so another long bus ride after the cruise.

Hi there!

We've had forced overnights on all but the April 08 trip. For some reason no forced overnight this time around. At least for now - TA is still arguing with Princess. If nothing in the next couple of months, then we'll cancel the Princess Air and book our own along with the night hotel. I don't want to chance doing the same day trip.

Just as a note, we've booked Feb 09 for 10 days out of Ft Lauderdale and it popped up on the personalizer the other day for a forced overnight. So they're already planning that for 09 for us.

We've usually flown Wpg - Toronto - Ft Lauderdale but some of the people on our cruise in Feb this year went Wpg - Minneapolis - Ft Lauderdale and we actually had that coming home. Way preferred that to Toronto so if we book separate for April that's the way we're going.

Joan

I guess we are pretty lucky - we fly in and out of Miami from Toronto - and both are direct flights - no changes, so we are really happy. Don't arrive in Miami until almost 1 pm, but if all goes well we'll be at the CB in no time flat..... Can't Wait!!!!!

We are from Chattanooga and they flew us into Ft. Lauderdale and out of Miami... the flights could have been better (we had a 6 hour layover in Miami on the way home) but all went well.

We had the transfers- things could not have gone easier.. we did get a little scare on the way down because our flight was delayed over an hour.. but we still made it on time.

Good luck with everything--- enjoy!

Archived