NYC Resturants

amber2007

I will be in NYC next week and just wanted some names of good resturants. We are staying at the Milford Plaza near Times Square. We don't really want to eat IN Times Square, I heard it's overpriced and not so good. However, it would be nice to be near that area. Also, we will be in Little Italy, and looking for a good Italian place there. We don't want to spend a ton of $$$$, under $100 for the two of us.

I will be in NYC next week and just wanted some names of good resturants. We are staying at the Milford Plaza near Times Square. We don't really want to eat IN Times Square, I heard it's overpriced and not so good. However, it would be nice to be near that area. Also, we will be in Little Italy, and looking for a good Italian place there. We don't want to spend a ton of $$$$, under $100 for the two of us.

Becco - Italian

Trattoria d'ell Art - Italian

Redeye Grill - American

Brooklyn Diner - Diner

Angelos Coal Oven Pizza - Pizza

Pick-A-Bagel - Sanwiches, soups, bagels, baked goods

Carnegie Deli

Can't advise about Little Italy because the quality varies so much. Most of the really good Italian is on Arthur Avenue in The Bronx.

Becco - Italian

Trattoria d'ell Art - Italian

Redeye Grill - American

Brooklyn Diner - Diner

Angelos Coal Oven Pizza - Pizza

Pick-A-Bagel - Sanwiches, soups, bagels, baked goods

Carnegie Deli

Can't advise about Little Italy because the quality varies so much. Most of the really good Italian is on Arthur Avenue in The Bronx.

BECCO....

BECCO....

BECCO...

LOL....def go here... the prices are amazing! food is amazing... especially the stuffed peppers!! YUMMM... mussells for apt....you can even do an all you can eat 3 pasta dish!! ... soo good... so cheap.... BOTTLES OF WINE.. 25 bucks...-

http://www.becconyc.com/index2.htm

I find that the restaurants a little bit away from Times Square, i.e. around 8th and 9th Avenue are much more reasonable and quite good.

I love the restaurants on Mulberry Street in Little Italy. Little Italy is really only one block long now. Most of the restaurants will beg for patrons to come in. I don't find the prices that bad and under $100 for dinner and wine for two people is definitely doable. Walk the one block and look at the menus.

Arthur Avenue in the Bronx really is the "Little Italy" but I don't know how comfortable you will feel going there if you don't know the area.

Do you need reservations at Becco? Sounds like a good place to try.

It's great. Yes, reservations are a very good idea everywhere in this area if you want to eat before 7:30-7:45; after that, things open up because so many people are headed to an 8PM curtain at a Broadway show, and you should have no trouble walking in without one.

It's great. Yes, reservations are a very good idea everywhere in this area if you want to eat before 7:30-7:45; after that, things open up because so many people are headed to an 8PM curtain at a Broadway show, and you should have no trouble walking in without one.

exactly =)

I LOVE this place.... can the OP take me with them lol---

Galaxy is also slightly cheaper for breakfast, and a real steal for Sunday brunch. Westway is where Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David put Seinfeld together sitting in a back booth, but's it's been completely rebuilt and reconfigured since then.

Becco on 46th St bet. 8th & 9th is definitely good, one of our favorites. Do you ever watch cooking w/Lydia on TV? Becco is her family's restaurant. Just up the street, on the west side of 9th Ave. just south of 46th st. is Breeze, a Thai/French fusion restaurant, very reasonable, excellent food, a NYTimes top pick -- as is Becco. You can't go wrong with either.

David

Beccos is awesome! I've had a few memorable experiences there. :) As for food, I always get the pasta special. They have 3 pastas - all you can eat. All are great depending on your tastes. Personally, I don't like seafood. On one occasion, I politely refused the seafood pasta. They came back with a crazy creation just for me - ravioli with beets with bleu cheese. It was excellent! Not to mention the service is always outstanding. You'll love it!! Have fun!

For a non-tourist trap, try either of these two places, both on 9th Avenue: the Galaxy Diner at 46th Street or Westway Diner between 43rd & 44th.

i'm going to have to put my vote in for the Tick Tock Diner 31st, by Madison Square Garden. the original location is in Clifton, NJ...it's a North Jersey icon!

Archived