Amadeus: Budapest/Prague

Jinn

My sister and I are considering an October 2008 sailing on Amadeus between Budapest and Prague. We have enjoyed several ocean cruises, but have not been on a riverboat. I would appreciate any comments about the company, itinerary, and/or month. Jinn

• 11 months later...

A friend and I did the Christmas market tour from Budapest to Prague with Amadeus Waterways over a year ago. It was fantastic! I love Budapest, Prague, Vienna and Salzburg (an optional day trip). The food was average, but that delighted me as I usually gain LOTS on ocean liner cruises. Because it wasn't just wonderful, I didn't over eat! We had a fantastic tour director on the boat - Debby was outstanding! Hope you do this and have a great time. I had to go to Budapest three times to get dental implants and so decided to add on this trip after my dental work! (saved over 20,000 on my implants so can use it for travel!)

Linda

lindalscott@mindspring.com

I suggest you look at previous postings of those who have taken the Budapest-Prague cruise with Amadeus (now AMA Waterways) order to see what has already been said. Here is a link you can click resulting from searching for Amadeus, Budapest, and Prague:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=10692560

I went from Budapest to Prague with Amadeus in 12/06 and Budapest to Istanbul in 10/07. We are doing Amsterdam to Paris Christmas Wonderland with them next December. I think you will find that most people are happy with the line they start with and tend to rebook with them. This speaks well of the industry and should make your choice easier.

WIT

We did this cruise at the end of June. I have nothing but praise for Amadeus; the service was fantastic as was the beautiful ship. The food was really good. I enjoyed the itinerary so much that I would like to go again.

We are doing Budapest to Paris end of Oct..........looking forward to it, our first River Cruise.

Alice.......will be waiting for all your info and comments.

Friends are on AMA now doing Budapest to Prague....so am waiting to hear their comments too when they get home.

I suggest you look at previous postings of those who have taken the Budapest-Prague cruise with Amadeus (now AMA Waterways) order to see what has already been said. Here is a link you can click resulting from searching for Amadeus, Budapest, and Prague:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=10692560

I went from Budapest to Prague with Amadeus in 12/06 and Budapest to Istanbul in 10/07. We are doing Amsterdam to Paris Christmas Wonderland with them next December. I think you will find that most people are happy with the line they start with and tend to rebook with them. This speaks well of the industry and should make your choice easier.

WIT

The link I provided above is not working. To read posts about Amadeus, Budapest and Prague, go to the listing for River Cruise Threads, click Search This Forum and type in those terms.

WIT

Ready to book the Budapest to Prague route, but have never been on a river

cruise. Since it will be the end of Nov.-Dec, does that limit our being on deck to take in all of the scenery? I know that it will be chilly, but it's such a small ship, there's no where else to go, but the cabin, which will have a window. Need info from others who have been on Gate 1 river cruises at this time of year.

Thanks,

Stevie

Archived