SEATTLE: Where can I buy boxed wine???

Crown Prince

The "Good Stuff" is sold wherever quality swill can be found. Drug stores, K-mart, warehouse clubs to name a few.

You can find it on the shelf next to the Thunderbird.

- Drink and enjoy

Actually, box wine and thunderbird are no longer side-by-side in downtown and certain other areas of Seattle! A recent city ordinance intended to alleviate the problem of chronic inebriates bans the sale of fortified wine, high-alcohol malt liquors, and other forms of high-octane hooch! http://www.cityofseattle.net/BAN/public_safety_AIA.htm

You might be getting on the amtrak at King Street Station, but you won't be getting on the Night Train!

The liquor store at Second and Seneca does generally carry box wine. Can't speak to the other places.

I appreciate your recommendations! :D

I'm not real familiar with Seattle - only been there twice (years ago). I'm a Valley Girl (The San Fernando Valley). I'll have to get a Map. ;)

Which place is closest to our Renaissance Hotel at 515 Madison Street?

1. small store on the corner of 8th and Madison

2. liquor store on 2nd and Seneca

3. 6th and University

Thanks, again, for your Help! :cool:

Which place is closest to our Renaissance Hotel at 515 Madison Street?

Thanks, again, for your Help! :cool:

1. small store on the corner of 8th and Madison - 3 Blocks East

2. liquor store on 2nd and Seneca - 3 Blocks West, 2 Blocks North

3. 6th and University - 3 Blocks North, 1 Block West

• 2 weeks later...

I just received this from the Concierge at the Marriott Renaissance Hotel: ;)

"We just got a grocery store in our neighborhood. It is 2 block up Madison (8th & Madison). You will pass it on your way to church. It is called M Street Grocery. Not a large store but they have a good selection of wine and a nice deli. There is a costco in Seattle, but it is way down on 1st ave, past the stadiums. M Street should have everything you need."

Erik

You're cruisin' from Seattle to Sydney?? Got any room in your suitcase? I will take VERY good care of the wine..and I am not picky, red, white, rose, white zin, whatever........regular coke please, i can't have sugar substitutes....and some of those cheese & peanut butter crackers, and a big thing of oreos.....that should hold me til dinner!!

Have a great trip!!!!!!

You're cruisin' from Seattle to Sydney?? Got any room in your suitcase? I will take VERY good care of the wine..and I am not picky, red, white, rose, white zin, whatever........regular coke please, i can't have sugar substitutes....and some of those cheese & peanut butter crackers, and a big thing of oreos.....that should hold me til dinner!! Have a great trip!!!!!!

Hi, MEG: Yes, I do have an extra bed in my Balcony cabin. Can you get to SEA by 23 September? :confused:

I already have the cheese & peanutbutter crackers (miniatures) as well as the minature Oreos - wait, I think I've eaten them all. I'll get another 12-pack or so at Smart & Dumb, a Big Box store.

I'll be buying the Diet Coke & Diet 7-Up (cherry), but we can get you the regular also at that M Street Grocery store.

Since Red Wine gives me a headache, :eek: I drink rose. My favourite wine is Gevertstraminer.

HAHAHA!! THAT's funny...and i could get there...but i'm kidding...it's funny that you have my snacks though...

how long is that cruise BTW??? seeing as 4 other people won my megamillions jackpot of 300 million bucks, i'll have to settle for reading your reports fromthe sea/reviews/whatever........

have fun .....

And 17 of them are Sea Days. I've promised myself every Sea Day in the Gym for at least an hour (to get rid of those Oreo cookies behind me). ;)

I guess I shall find out why everone is so crazy about these Pacific Crossings.

Seattle

SFO

Hilo

Lahaina

Bora Bora

Rarotonga

Pago Pago, Samoa

Suva, Fiji

Auckland

Christchurch

Dunedin

Fjordland Park