Poster Who Cancelled Their Conquest Cruise This Week...

Rowan555

I can't find the original post, but I recall a very angry poster here last week who claimed he was cancelling his cruise on the Conquest because he didn't believe that Conquest would call on Grand Cayman and Cozumel as Carnival said it would. I think he had two balcony staterooms and said he was going to cancel both. I'd love to know what he's thinking right now, if he did indeed cancel. I'd be feeling PRETTY silly right now if it were me...

Were they a 1 post wonder???? Can you even call that silly?????????

He posted a few times in that one thread, but I can't for the life of me find the thread. Not sure if it was pulled, or I'm just really bad at searching ;)

I too was wondering how silly they felt getting so upset & cancelling their vacation they had planned & probably taken off work for.

My parents were scheduled on the same cruise but unfortunately had to cancel due to very serious health issues with my father.

I too was wondering how silly they felt getting so upset & cancelling their vacation they had planned & probably taken off work for.

My parents were scheduled on the same cruise but unfortunately had to cancel due to very serious health issues with my father.

I'm so sorry to hear that - I hope he will be okay.

thoughts and prayers go out kl...........

don't ya'll think that some people just take things to seriously about which port your going to? you know it's a gamble when you book during this season, not that ports are "promised" anyway.

To all that asked yes my father is doing better, surgery yesterday & hopefully home today. Now they need to start planning another cruise for themselves, it would have been there first balcony so they were very upset about having to cancel, & didn't care that a hurricane was disrubting the itienary(sp).

It seems to me it was the Conquest and he was also irate that he had called Carnival and they would not honor his price he had paid for the original cruise on a different date or ship. I almost responded to him but then decided to put a mute on my fingers. :D

He ended his bitter tirade giving the cabin numbers and wishing whoever got those cabins a wonderful cruise.

Ms B

Then I'm thinking of a different As**ole. LOL :>)

Linda

Yes, the "Darn, Darn, Darn..." is mild in comparison. The other guy was furious. His one line was "I know I chose to cruise during Hurricane Season.", which completely shot his whole argument.

A lot of people cancelled......just in case. One on another message board cancelled her cat 12 suite, she didnt want to take a chance on having rough waters and it was too close to sailing date and canival only gives you 24 hours from when they change the ports to decide. If she could have waited longer to decide she might have gone.

I talked to someone in Customer Service when I called to see if they were discounting those cancelled cabins and was told that there were a lot of cancellations. Not just the one here that posted. I dont fault them so much as the rest of you do, it was their choice...I just wish Carnival had been willing to resell those cabins cheap so I could have gone lol.

I dont fault them so much as the rest of you do, it was their choice...I just wish Carnival had been willing to resell those cabins cheap so I could have gone lol.

I don't think any one is faulting him for cancelling. You have to do what is best for you. What was sad was how angry he was. He did not have a reason for being so mad.

I am with most of you, a cruise is a perfect place to be no matter where or if it stops.

I am with most of you, a cruise is a perfect place to be no matter where or if it stops.

I believe I agree with you... I'll know better in 17 days... I don't see anything on the horizon yet... we are keeping our fingers crossed... but we do not have any intention of backing out... we will go with the flow.

A lot of people cancelled......just in case. One on another message board cancelled her cat 12 suite, she didnt want to take a chance on having rough waters and it was too close to sailing date and canival only gives you 24 hours from when they change the ports to decide. If she could have waited longer to decide she might have gone.

I talked to someone in Customer Service when I called to see if they were discounting those cancelled cabins and was told that there were a lot of cancellations. Not just the one here that posted. I dont fault them so much as the rest of you do, it was their choice...I just wish Carnival had been willing to resell those cabins cheap so I could have gone lol.

We leave Monday. I just looked to see if the price of our cruise went down and it actually went UP by $200!

My aunt, the-cruise-expert, told me to keep watching the prices, and if they went down then I could get board-credits or something. But, no luck for me.

My only concern is that the waters will be too murky to do our shore excursions (going to Cayman and Cozumel). If so, that will be a bummer, but since we didn't pre-pay then we'll at least save that money. I've never seen truly clear blue water before, and that's what I was looking forward to. Oh well. Maybe next time.

I found it hard to have much pity for a person that books a cruise during hurricane season. A hurricane comes and forces a change in itinerary to places that person has already been, then repeats the exact same routine one year later!:eek: Then comes in here complaining that the only offer of compensation was $25 for a skipped port. :rolleyes:

If hurricane season is the only time available for vacation and the possibility of diversions due to weather are unpalatable, the logical conclusion is Don't book a vacation in the hurricane belt! :D Geez....it isn't like it's brain surgery. :confused:

Archived