Icy Strait Point....Anything there not to be missed?

Jimbo

Do the Bear trip with Keith, we (8 friends from the UK) did this last week he was great, we got picked up at the ship the trip included a tour of the town and then we went to some great high spots for views then along logging tracks to look for the bears, also saw lots of Eagles and Deer. Keith will tailor the tour for you, he also runs a cafe in town, he dropped us there after the tour and we walked around the town then just went back and asked for him when we were ready to go back to the ship. you can get him or his wife Edna on email keith_skaflestad@yahoo.com. He has lived here all his life, knows everyone and all there is to know about the area, he is also a larger than life character so you will have some fun with him.

The town is tiny and not much to look at, certainly not anything to occupy you for more than an hour so I would reccommend having something booked for here. We did see a free shuttle bus into town and back, the stop was easy to find.

Hope this helps

Do the Bear trip with Keith, we (8 friends from the UK) did this last week he was great, we got picked up at the ship the trip included a tour of the town and then we went to some great high spots for views then along logging tracks to look for the bears, also saw lots of Eagles and Deer. Keith will tailor the tour for you, he also runs a cafe in town, he dropped us there after the tour and we walked around the town then just went back and asked for him when we were ready to go back to the ship. you can get him or his wife Edna on email keith_skaflestad@yahoo.com. He has lived here all his life, knows everyone and all there is to know about the area, he is also a larger than life character so you will have some fun with him.

The town is tiny and not much to look at, certainly not anything to occupy you for more than an hour so I would reccommend having something booked for here. We did see a free shuttle bus into town and back, the stop was easy to find.

Hope this helps

You didn't mention actually -seeing- any bears. Didja? We'll be in ISP in late May next year and would like to take this tour but....gotta see bears!...

I do realize there are no guarantees for wildlife viewing........still, if I can get close to a guarantee...I'll probably roll the dice.

Thanks for posting.

F.I.S.H.E.S.? We are using them on 8/2 for whale watching.

And even if Floyd (of F.I.S.H.E.S.) is busy, why not just ask him if there's anyone else he recommends. We were on the 13th ship to dock at ISP (ever) and so we were one of the first to experience Floyd. At the time, he didn't have a website, just an e-mail. I found him by luck. I contacted a guy who did have a website who said he was busy but he asked this other guy who said he could do it. The other guy was Floyd, who turned out to be a gem.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's a small town. They talk to each other. If you've tried two places and they know there's another guy in town, they'll tell you. Good luck.

Archived