price of a good coffee onboard the sun

sailing next sunday and was just wondering the cost of a decent coffee on board......?:)

Is this an oxymoron?

I believe that to get a decent coffee you will need to take your own, including a kettle for convenience.

Coffee is free in the dining room, but I cannot confirm whether it is decent.

Cheers

Geoff

sailing next sunday and was just wondering the cost of a decent coffee on board......?:)

I know that if there's a Starbucks onboard, (Carnival) the prices are comparable to what you'd pay on land...same for Seattles Best (RCCL)

so I imagine the Sun (which I am booked with for Dec 15th) is similar. On RCCL they threw in a free muffin/scone with every cup too. Hope that's the case with NCL.

let me know how it goes on the Sun...seems like a pretty cool ship.

Filmguyd in CA

i am going on the star in a few weeks and just wondering if i take my own coffee can i get hot water and milk and make my own. someone said that the coffee that was free on the star was not that good.

I am assuming that i can ,as ,surely they have hot water on tap so people can make their tea

thanks kathy

i am going on the star in a few weeks and just wondering if i take my own coffee can i get hot water and milk and make my own. someone said that the coffee that was free on the star was not that good. I am assuming that i can ,as ,surely they have hot water on tap so people can make their tea thanks kathy

Hi Kathy....are you talking about Norwegian Star of NCL? If so you can make your coffee right in your stateroom. NCL puts 4 cup coffee makers in their staterooms...so you can bring your own coffee of choice and make it in your room. On Pride of Aloha the coffee placed in the staterooms was pure Kona Coffee and wonderful.

Hi Kathy....are you talking about Norwegian Star of NCL? If so you can make your coffee right in your stateroom. NCL puts 4 cup coffee makers in their staterooms...so you can bring your own coffee of choice and make it in your room. On Pride of Aloha the coffee placed in the staterooms was pure Kona Coffee and wonderful.

Umm, The thread is P&O Australia... It would be talking about P&O Pacific Star

Your coffee sounds nicer though

Cheers

i am going on the star in a few weeks and just wondering if i take my own coffee can i get hot water and milk and make my own. someone said that the coffee that was free on the star was not that good.

I am assuming that i can ,as ,surely they have hot water on tap so people can make their tea

thanks kathy

The coffee in the machines in the Lido Buffet (on both Pacific Star and Pacific Sun) are Nescafe machines, so the coffee is drinkable. Admittedly it's not Gloria Jeans or Starbuck or Zaraffa's, but it fulfils the caffine fix!

The coffee you buy in the bars is nice too - once you get used to the UHT milk taste.

And yes, the machine gives out hot water for tea! and there's usually milk somewhere near the machine if you need it.

Kym

hi thanks for that i thought as much

dont get me wrong i have drunk my share of nescafe before and if i had to i would drink it again for my caffienne dose, however i am a maconna kind of girl these days. and i know maconna comes in smal bottles so i think i will squeeze it into my bag.

regards kathy

Archived