Kayaking

Keksie

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I did. I was very disappointed. First off, the out islands we were to go to were OUT behind some goverment complex of buildings! The description made it sound like we would be going to some real out islands. NOT!

Second, the female guide stayed out front and lead the group, not paying attention to the back part of the group. My friend and I are very experienced kayakers. There was a couple of folks who were having a hard time keeping up, etc. We hung back to stay with them, or they would have been separated from the group. The guide did not even look back, or if she did, she did not do anything about it. The guide is responsible for the people in the group. It showed a poor judgement call IMHO.

Third, I understand why they use sit on top kayaks. But the paddles were horrendous! My friend had a metal paddle! It weighed in the pounds! Granted we are used to our own lightwt paddles, but metal ones! She had to stop paddling near the end she was so tired and had strained her shoulder.

And fourth, we saw tree birds, not many sea birds that the excursion description talked about.

We had kayaked in St Kitts a year earlier and had a similar, but not near as, dissappointing experience. But after this, we both decided that kayaking on a cruise is NOT the time or place to do so. Never again!

If you have any kayaking experience, you will probably find this excursion far below what you would like it to be.

For what it was worth, my opinion.

You deserve a "good paddling"....this is not the place!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Boy, that sounds like a "death paddle". The boat Danger does a good backcountry trip that is both snorkeling and kayaking, both pretty simple and easy versions, but the sailboat and the scenery are excellent and a good way to go. The Danger is in slip 9 by the cruise ship docks.

Archived